Show of hands: who thinks Bar Refaeli is hot?
Yup, we do too.
But looks aren’t everything.
When we think of hot women we think of game-changers, rebels, women who didn’t take no for an answer and made this world a better place.
Let’s bring it:
1. Erica Jong: A generation of suburban Jewish men should thank HaShem every day for Erica Jong. Why you ask? Read this book.
2. Betty Friedan: Because that “feminine mystique” that Bar sells? Betty invented it.
3. Ruth Bader Ginsburg: To hell with “my son, the lawyer.” We’re talking “my mother, the US Supreme Court judge.” BAM.
4. Queen Esther: She makes Netanyahu’s problems with Persia look like a day at the beach.
5. Sheryl Sandberg: She had a TED talk!
Now, lean in everyone, and watch:
6. Emma Goldman: Let’s just say that she defined that badass rebellious Jewish spirit.
7. Golda Meir: So, like Bar Refaeli, Golda didn’t serve in the IDF.
But she ran it.
8. Rabbi Miri Gold: Because she’s shaken up the Rabbinate by being the first non-Orthodox rabbi in Israel to have her salary paid for by the government. And that’s hot!!
9. Barbra Streisand: For being Barbra Streisand.
And for setting the record straight in Meet the Fockers that “our people don’t shoot ducks.”
10. Ayelet Waldman: Because she’s not your “Jewish mother’s” Jewish mother.
11. Emma Lazarus: Just ask the Statue of Liberty.
12. Sarah Silverman: Because funny is hot.
13. Alice Herz Sommer: She was 40 when the Nazis took her away.
And she outlived them.
14. Any woman in the IDF. They just are.
15. Jewish mothers. Because without them we wouldn’t have any of these women.
Got ideas for Shareworthy? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.