21 ways to help Israel
Israel is at war, and over the last few weeks, I have received requests from across the Globe from friends, family, friends of friends and friends of family, asking me if I know any ways that they can help Israel in her time of need. There are so many ways to help, and particularly for those not in Israel and who are therefore not able to send physical items through local collections, here are some of the many reputable websites through which you can donate:
*** new campaign***
IDF commanders are requesting certain items which will enhance their soldiers ability to win. We have sourced out these items, directly from the factories/ importers. This campaign is in direct contact with the IDF.
- Ben Goldstein PayPal ID: Matolman1@yahoo.com Ben is going regularly to the soldiers, delivering whatever they request. High up on the list is usually deodorant, shaving equipment, underwear and cold drinks. At the moment he is not a registered charity, but if you look him up on Facebook you can see what he is doing. He has supplied to a number of bases, including the base where one of my neighbors is serving.
One Israel Fund is providing security and medical equipment to Southern communities. They have helped prevent terrorist attacks and infiltrations, some of which you may have read about over the last few weeks.
Care packages of new towels, socks, shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpastes, etc being sent to our troops on the front lines.
A well-known soldier organisation, providing soldiers with needed equipment as is requested.
The Michael Levin Lone Soldier Center is providing help specifically to lone soldiers. Sadly we lost 2 lone soldiers in Gaza yesterday.
United Hatzalah are looking to better equip their volunteers who are serving the South. The communities they serve and live in are being besieged by missiles, and the volunteers are doing everything they can to keep people safe but they don’t have the equipment they need to protect their own lives. The request from these volunteer coordinators is to send an additional 100 bullet proof vests and helmets to volunteers to be able to safely respond to emergency calls without putting themselves at grave risk.
Every Child Deserves a Summer Vacation campaign, to get kids under constant rocket fire out of the South and away for a day on a special outing. Also sending toys and games to kids in Southern shelters.
Another organisation getting families out of the South, and also providing support to victims of terror.
Beit Issie Shapiro, Israel’s leading disabilities organisation, is running a hotline to provide emotional support and suggest practical solutions to people with a disability and their families.
11. Paypal ID: email@example.com
Life under rocket fire is hard enough, and my good friend Elana is organising help for families where the husband is on miluim, be it a takeaway dinner or cleaning help, and this is really appreciated by the families. She is also sending pizza to bases in need of a pick-me-up.
Another site supporting the miluim (reserve) families.
Sign up to do Guard Duty for our soldiers. Whilst they are serving in the field, each of us can sign up to receive the name of a soldier and commit to do good deeds, give charity or whatever takes your fancy in order to spiritually protect our people out there.
Pray for wounded Israeli soldiers.
An amazing website where you can read the chapter of Tehillim that is next to be read, and as a People we can complete the book of Tehillim multiple times. At the time of writing this, the book has been completed 925 times!!
Pray in general! There have been suggestions to recite particularly Psalms numbers 121,130, 144, 83, 91, 20
A link to the Prayer for the IDF, in English and in Hebrew.
Send a picture or a thank you card to soldiers serving on the field. They really appreciate them and they are great for morale!
19. Help fight the social media war. Israel has long suffered from attacks in media and online. Stay accurately informed by following reputable people on Facebook and Twitter, such as StandWithUs, The Muqata, Alarm Darom, Lahav Harkov, Israel News Feed, Michael Dickson, IDF Spokesperson, Avi Mayer, Ofir Gendelman and Peter Lerner. Be careful. Only post links and news items from reputable sites. Don’t spread information that has not been confirmed by Israel.
Don’t let inaccurate reporting go unreported. Write to your local members of government, and write to the press to bring media bias to task.
21. If anyone has a holiday home that they would be willing to open up to residents of the South, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, before you send food or pizza to places, it is worth checking if it is needed or even wanted. I have been in touch with a number of bases that are overflowing with unwanted toiletries and junk food. Some bases, on the other hand, are far out and would really appreciate some decent food and some cans of deodorant! If you are sending food, please don’t send fresh goods that spoil, or chocolate that melts. High on the food request list are energy bars, dried fruit and black coffee, but a lot of soldiers would prefer fresh underwear, socks, towels, undershirts (black or olive colored), toothpaste, toothbrushes, shaving cream, razors, deodorant, wipes and mosquito repellent.
Thank you, and may all of our soldiers come home to us speedily, safely, and having completed their mission.
PS been asked to add:
22. Fresh tzitzit for soldiers. Please contact Ido on 0544608306 (Israel). Tzitzit must be special issue for the army, and cost 14 NIS/ $5.
23. http://israelfreeloan.org.il/ The Israel Free Loan Association is helping small businesses in the South who are struggling in these difficult times as they have few or no customers walking in their doors.They are making Interest-Free Loans to help them survive.