5 Tips for Back to School Success
- Start early. Make sure all summer reading is complete so your child does not start the year behind.
- Make a plan. Talk with your child and together make a nightly schedule for homework, sports, and family time.
- Integration. Reach out to your child’s teachers, advisors, and administrative mentors as soon as possible. Being proactive early in the year will prevent any issue from arising once the school year begins.
- Goals. With your child, write down a list of academic goals for the year to come. Make these realistic and base them on your child’s progress from the previous school years.5
- Support System. Make sure that you have a great support system in place to boost your child’s academic success. This support network can include tutors, teachers, family members, and friends.