Carlos Zarur, Anthropologist
Born in a Mizrahi-Sephardic Family, he has lived in several countries throughout his life (USA, Morocco, India, Mexico, Israel, Canada, and Brazil).
He holds Masters' Degrees in Jewish studies in the areas of:
- Comparative Religious Studies
- Jewish Studies
- Western and Eastern Sephardic Culture, Customs and History
- Oriental (Mizrahi) Jewries Culture, Customs and History
- Peripheral Jewish Communities
- Marranism Studies (Crypto Judaism)
As a Professor, he has taught at the University of Colorado in the Anthropology Department and The Jewish Studies Program.
Currently he is ending his doctoral dissertation on Sephardic Jews in Syria and Lebanon.
Posts are contributed by third parties. The opinions, facts and any media content in them are presented solely by the authors, and The Times of Israel assumes no responsibility for them. In case of abuse, report a post.
To complete the subscription process, please click the link in the email we just sent you.
By signing up, you agree to our