Carlos Zarur, Anthropologist
Born in a Mizrahi-Sephardic Family, he has lived in several countries throughout his life (USA, Morocco, India, Mexico, Israel, Canada, and Brazil).
He holds Masters' Degrees in Jewish studies in the areas of:
- Comparative Religious Studies
- Jewish Studies
- Western and Eastern Sephardic Culture, Customs and History
- Oriental (Mizrahi) Jewries Culture, Customs and History
- Peripheral Jewish Communities
- Marranism Studies (Crypto Judaism)
As a Professor, he has taught at the University of Colorado in the Anthropology Department and The Jewish Studies Program.
Currently he is ending his doctoral dissertation on Sephardic Jews in Syria and Lebanon.
Get the Daily Edition free by email for selected top stories from our 24/7 coverage
The email is either missing or invalid
Please enter your full name
Please select your country
We need to confirm your email address first.
To complete the subscription process, please click the link in the email we just sent you.