Carlos Zarur, Anthropologist
Born in a Mizrahi-Sephardic Family, he has lived in several countries throughout his life (USA, Morocco, India, Mexico, Israel, Canada, and Brazil).
He holds Masters' Degrees in Jewish studies in the areas of:
- Comparative Religious Studies
- Jewish Studies
- Western and Eastern Sephardic Culture, Customs and History
- Oriental (Mizrahi) Jewries Culture, Customs and History
- Peripheral Jewish Communities
- Marranism Studies (Crypto Judaism)
As a Professor, he has taught at the University of Colorado in the Anthropology Department and The Jewish Studies Program.
Currently he is ending his doctoral dissertation on Sephardic Jews in Syria and Lebanon.