The Israel Day Parade this past Sunday was awesome and amazing as it always is. The parade is a show of strength for the Jewish State down Fifth Avenue in New York City, one of the most high-profile markets in the world. However, what was missing was the voice and presence of the many Christian campaigns of Israel – who in some ways are more important than Jewish support.
Indeed, there are significantly more Christians in the U.S., making them more politically important. Thankfully many Christian leaders have shown their strong commitment to the Jewish State over the last few years, including: Pastor John Hagee and his Christians United for Israel; Jay Sekulow and the ACLJ; the many supporters of the IFCJ and David Cerullo. It is vital.
Some quotes about the importance of support for Israel:
- “American evangelicals have it in their DNA: God blesses those who bless the Jews and curses whoever curses the Jews.” Richard Land
- “Israel was not created in order to disappear – Israel will endure and flourish. It is the child of hope and the home of the brave. It can neither be broken by adversity nor demoralized by success. It carries the shield of democracy and it honors the sword of freedom.” John F. Kennedy
- “I had faith in Israel before it was established, I have in it now. I believe it has a glorious future before it – not just another sovereign nation, but as an embodiment of the great ideals of our civilization.” Harry S. Truman
- “Pray for the peace of Jerusalem, they shall prosper that love thee.” Psalm 122:6
- “Our society is illuminated by the spiritual insights of the Hebrew prophets. America and Israel have a common love of human freedom, and they have a common faith in a democratic way of life.” Lyndon B. Johnson
- “Now, when I hear that Christians are getting together in order to defend the people of Israel, of course it brings joy to my heart. And it simply says, look, people have learned from history.” Elie Wiesel
- “We believe that God has a plan for [Israel] which He intends to be a blessing to all the nations of the earth.” Pat Robertson
- “I strongly support the existence of Israel as a safe and secure homeland for the Jewish people; that is very important.” Todd Deatherage
- “We support Israel because all other nations were created by an act of men, but Israel was created by an act of God! The Royal Land Grant that was given to Abraham and his seed through Isaac and Jacob with an everlasting and unconditional covenant.” Genesis 12:1-3, 13:14-18, 15:1-21, 17:4-8, 22:15-18, 26:1-5 and Psalm 89:28-37.