As CEO of 5WPR, I watch media knowing that bias and spin are part and parcel of media coverage. If one doesn’t understand public relations, one can believe the whole world is against Israel. In reality, the only democracy in the Middle East is the good guy amongst a sea of evil – and despite biased media coverage, many support the land and people of Israel.
Across the political spectrum through the years, many important people support the rightful cause of the State of Israel:
- “American and Israel share a special bond. Our relationship is unique among all nations. Like America, Israel is a strong democracy, a symbol of freedom, and an oasis of liberty, a home to the oppressed and persecuted.” William J. Clinton
- “Israel is surrounded by a raging sea, parts of which are not willing to accept us as a partner with equal rights among the nations. The reality we live in presents us with profound challenges, the need to effectively use all of our resources, and the need to prepare for any development, near or far. The IDF will protect the security and the future of the state. The IDF will provide the response when the order is given.” Ehud Barak
- “Israel was not created in order to disappear – Israel will endure and flourish. It is the child of hope and the home of the brave. It can neither be broken by adversity nor demoralized by success. It carries the shield of democracy and it honors the sword of freedom.” John F. Kennedy
- “We will stand up for our friends in the world. And one of the most important friends is the State of Israel. My administration will be steadfast in support Israel against terrorism and violence, and in seeking the peace for which all Israelis pray.” George W. Bush
- “Israel is a land of stability and democracy in a region of tyranny and unrest.” Ronald Reagan
- “The State of Israel is always prepared for an uncertain reality. We know that if someone else needs help, and we can lend a hand, we will do so. Israel and the IDF advocate for the idea that if we save one life, we saved an entire world, in faraway places and even in enemy countries.” Yuval Wagner
- “Each and every day, Israel’s very existence is at stake.” John Boehner
- “I defend Israel’s right to exist, to defend themselves, to not let themselves be exterminated a second time.” Oriana Fallaci
- “We are a nation that loves the peace. We will never stop growing and developing but we know how to protect ourselves using force.” Moshe Yaalon
- “American foreign policy has been – and must continue to be – based on unequivocal support for Israel’s right to exist and to be free from terror.” Howard Berman
Share these thoughts and know the world is with – not against Israel. Don’t believe the hype.