Congressman Joe Pitts (R-PA) couldn’t be more right. Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and Palestinian Authority (PA) Chairman Yasir Arafat must do more for peace in the Middle East. If they don’t “clamp down on Palestinian extremists that have perpetuated violence and restart the peace process” it will all truly collapse in a heap (kind of like a dead man). It’s time they end their prolonged silence and get to work on resolving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
And while they’re at it, they should finally weigh-in on and commit themselves to finding real solutions for some of the international community’s most pressing problems.
Arafat and Sharon must…
- Lend support to the families ravaged by Hurricane Katrina in their time of need
- Condemn the terror attacks in Mumbai…and Fort Hood…and Norway
- Lobby Major League Baseball to permanently expel Barry Bonds before he unfairly breaks Babe Ruth’s all-time homerun record
- Encourage President Bush to withdraw all U.S. troops from Iraq
- Pool their resources to assist the U.S. in bringing Osama Bin Laden to justice
- Get vaccinated for swine flu (This one is just friendly advice. You know, if you don’t have your health…)
- Talk some sense into Hosni Mubarak, Saddam Hussein, and Moammar Gadhafi…before something terrible happens to them
- Buy tickets for Michael Jackson’s This Is It tour (Again, just friendly advice. Tickets are selling like hotcakes.)
- Devote resources to help rescue the heroic Chilean Miners
- Address the serious issues behind the “Occupy Wall Street” protest…before it goes global
- Help Prince William find a shidduch
- Pressure big oil companies like BP to reinforce and secure their oil rigs (No one wants to be compared to those morons from Exxon.)
- Broker a deal for the release of Gilad Shalit
The free ride is over, gentlemen. It’s time to get down to business.
(Inspired by Ron Allswang)