Labour Friends of Israel is lobbying the government to support ‘a fund designed by the Alliance for Middle East Peace to boost spending on coexistence work’.
So let’s look at the members of the ‘Alliance for Middle East Peace’:
There are 80 member organisations. In contrast to the stated goals of working toward “peace” and “coexistence,” its members include a number of highly biased and politicised NGOs that promote agendas based solely on the Palestinian narrative of victimisation and completely omit Israeli perspectives.
Members of AMEP include: The Holy Land Trust, Parents Circle Families Forum (PCFF), Combatants for Peace and OneVoice International.
- The Holy Land Trust ‘conducts highly politicised tours promoting the Palestinian narrative and targeting church leaders and the international community. It suggests that its participants “limit information” given to Israeli airport security and hide the reason for their visits.
- Sami Awad is Executive Director and Founder of Holy Land Trust. Awad has stated that non-violent demonstrations are “not a substitute for the armed struggle.” Awad has also minimised Israel’s legitimate security needs as a “manipulation” of the fear of another Jewish Holocaust.
- Speaking at the National Leadership Conference for the Vineyard Church in 2009, Awad told the audience: “We’ve actually done training in non-violence for Hamas leaders and other militant groups as well”.
- Holy Land Trust supports BDS, and the Kairos Palestine document.
- A December 2005 HLT conference included radical NGOs such as the International Solidarity Movement (ISM), Sabeel, and Israeli Committee Against House Demolitions (ICAHD).You get the picture. One Voice has always claimed to be politically neutral but financed Victory 2015 (V15), a campaign seeking to defeat Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in the 2015 March elections.Labour Friends of Israel needs to think again.UK taxpayer money must not go to financing organisations that support BDS.