No group has been victimized worse than Hamas in the recent Gaza conflict.  This is outrageous — Hamas has been the strongest voice for peace in Palestine since its inception.

But, with countries such as Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates effectively siding with Israel, you’d think Hamas hadn’t a friend in the world.

Not true.  One, look at Europe.  Two, the Arab pivot away from Hamas is not a matter of “waking up” but clear misconception.

Firstly, the numbers of civilian casualties have been skewed.  According to the Palestine Center for Human Rights – an obviously biased organization – only 82% of Gaza casualties were civilians.

This number is totally false.  (1) Hamas fighters do not wear uniforms, so that ratio cannot be tracked.  (2) That is the exact same number used in the 2008-09 operation.  Coincidence?  I think not.

The real civilian casualty rate is probably closer to 99.7%.  (The remaining 0.3% account for collaborators).

Need proof?  Many Hamas leaders have been tucked away in places like Turkey and Qatar.  How are Hamas fighters being killed when they are staying at “Club Med for Terrorists”?

Speaking of Qatar, Doha-based Hamas leader Khaled Mashaal finally spoke the truth about Israel.  “We kill soldiers, they kill civilians.”

Exactly.  His words should be taken seriously – common practice for most of the media.

Besides, Hamas has an excellent track record for standing by its word.  It agreed to 11 cease-fires during this conflict.  It almost upheld them too.

But let’s not fuss over details.

Point is, you should side with Hamas because it has the overwhelming support of the Palestinian people.  Around 30% agreed with Hamas’s cease-fire strategy.   That is about the same as U.S. President Barack Obama’s foreign policy approval rating.  With numbers like that, supporting Hamas is a no-brainer.