I’ve been very candid about where I stand with President Donald Trump in previous posts.
- I voted for him. With reservations. I would never have voted for Hillary Clinton. I feel the same about both today.
- I live in Flyover Country. Most of my friends do not. They despise Donald Trump and they loathe my neighbors.
- I am not a billionaire and I did not attend the Wharton School of Business.
- Despite #3 above, I tend to avoid expressing myself via Twitter and I eschew the use of scatology, particularly when describing people or countries.
- I support broad cuts in government spending and taxes, generally speaking, but support increases in defense and would happily pay more in taxes if I knew it would directly benefit veterans.
- Vulgarity aside, the fact that an American President is willing to boldly say in public that Jerusalem is the Capital of Israel, that Pakistan’s foreign aid is in question because it sheltered Osama bin Laden and its intelligence service supports terrorists that kill Americans, that not one American dollar should go to the PA which then goes to the “Martyrs Fund”, that all American funding to the UNRWA should cease immediately and be tied to any Democratic deal that shelters “Dreamers” domestically (that one’s mine), this lunatic is making more sense to me than most anybody in Congress.
And, speaking of s***holes, may I be so bold as to bring the FBI, the Department of Justice and the former esteemed leaders of the CIA, John Brennan, and the Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper, under David Letterman’s favorite president, Barack Obama, into this discussion?
Talk about lunatics? James Clapper, who – one must presume – provided the “intelligence” that enable Mr. Obama to describe ISIS as the “JV team”.
[This comment originated in a story written by David Remnick in The New Yorker on January 27, 2014. Obama was talking about having killed Osama bin Laden and having “decimated” al Qaeda. Remnick then pointed out that the flag of al Qaeda was flying above Fallujah, Iraq, among various rebel factions in Syria, and in parts of Africa. Obama said: “The analogy we use around here sometimes, and I think is accurate, is if a JV team puts on Lakers uniforms that doesn’t make them Kobe Bryant.”]
It is such an appropriate summation of everything Obama that he would reduce a group that beheaded its captives, that launched gays from rooftops, that immolated a Jordanian pilot inside a cage and who knows what else into a basketball analogy.
And Clapper, Brennan and company – who provided this inept intelligence to this president – who describe the current President as an “asset” of Vladimir Putin’s – were either stupid enough to believe that the Fusion GPS “dossier” was genuine and did not require vetting or (more likely) intentionally used the dossier to secure FISA warrants to wiretap a political opponent and possibly sway the outcome of a presidential election. These men should have quietly retired from public service, but they couldn’t help themselves. Their hatred for Trump was and is so visceral. When he attacks the Iran Deal, he’s attacking everything these men represented: globalism, rapprochement with Europe, the Islamic world, rejection of colonialism and American exploitation.
It is becoming painfully obvious to many inside the US that the real center of this s***hole is not in Haiti or El Salvador or anywhere in Africa. It was in the J. Edgar Hoover Building (by the way, while we’re in such a rush to remove monuments and rename buildings, why the hell hasn’t anyone brought this one up?) where James Comey and Andrew George McCabe were in charge.
Comey received the Fusion GPS dossier from an aide to Senator John McCain, which on its face is somewhat ridiculous retrospectively since all Comey had to do was go over to Justice and speak with Assistant Attorney General Bruce Ohr since he had met with Glenn Simpson, the founder of Fusion.
Or he could have called Bruce Ohr’s wife, Nellie, since she was on Fusion’s payroll.
Or he could have called the Clinton Campaign or the DNC because he surely knew that they had paid the lion’s share of the cost of the dossier or he wasn’t the expert G-Man everyone believed him to be and the image he so carefully cultivated. Worse yet – though it is not yet confirmed – it is alleged that the FBI itself may have remitted funds to Fusion.
Oh, but, Andrew George McCabe. What a Machiavellian creature he must be. How does he remain as Deputy Director of the FBI after his wife runs for political office in Virginia and receives $700,000 from Gov. Terry McAuliffe, one of Bill and Hillary Clinton’s closest associates? Dr. McCabe, the Deputy Director’s wife, had never run for political office before, was recruited by the governor, and then the Deputy Director had to recuse himself from public corruption cases in Virginia – which included an investigation into illegal campaign contributions into Terry McAuliffe’s campaign! But he did not recuse himself from the Hillary Clinton’s email investigation!
That is just a freakin’ coincidence.
James Comey told Senator Chuck Grassley that people at the FBI “don’t give a rip about politics”.
Now that we know about a fraction of the texts authored by Agent Peter Strzok, Chief of the Counterespionage Section, who worked directly for Andrew George McCabe, who worked the Clinton email investigation, who worked the Trump – Russia collusion case, I say…
Bulls***. That building needs a name change and a very thorough cleaning.