The cost so far of raising that Palestinian flag outside UN headquarters a week ago:
- More than a dozen dead, both Jews and Muslims, caused by Arab murderers desperate to fulfil Mahmud Abbas’s order to kill Jews, and by Israeli security forces responding to protect innocent civilians.
- Several dozen injured, many maimed or otherwise suffering permanent disability, as a result of Arab murderers attempting to meet their president’s decree to kill Jews wherever they are found – in Jerusalem, Jaffa, Tel Aviv, Petach Tikva, Kiryat Arba, Lod, on roads, at bus stops, at shopping malls. The injured include both Jewish victims and racist Arab killers attempting to carry out murder and mass-murder.
- An overburdened Israeli health-care system treating victims of stabbings, slashings, fire-bombings, mortar attacks, rocket attacks, attacks by massive rocks and boulders thrown at them while walking or driving, vehicular attacks, shootings. These are all Jewish victims. Among the racist Arab victims there are gunshot wounds (by Israeli security forces working to prevent additional murders, and also by Arab murderers shooting their own collaborators by mistake), bombing victims (missiles from Gaza which have fallen short of their Jewish civilian targets and instead landed within Gaza and killed and maimed innocent Arab civilians). The Arab victims also include innocent Arabs who have simply been caught up in the violence, mostly victims of slingshots and rocks thrown by other Arabs which have hit the wrong people.
- The fast-looming spectre of another all-out Israeli military action aimed at both Hamas and the Palestinian Authority, both of whom are vying with each other to celebrate the “success” of the attacks they have instigated against innocent Jewish civilians through massive indoctrination of Arab children and adults in their respective fiefdoms.
- More Arab homes demolished and Arab families made homeless as Israel moves to penalise the racists responsible for carrying out the never-ending string of attacks.
So here’s a thing: If you are pleased with the status quo and like to see Palestinians suffer even more than Israelis do (because Israel will naturally win through, come what may), then you should of course continue to support the US, EU and UN line of always criticising Israel irrespective of what Israel does, and always supporting the Palestinians no matter the depths of depravity and barbarism to which they plunge.
If, however, you are in favour of giving the Palestinians a better future, a standard of living just like yours, prospects for prosperity just like yours, a life of security and peaceful coexistence, then you should massively and vocally criticise your government as well as the US and the EU and the UN for their continued support for the racist leadership of Hamas and the PA.
Because as long as Hamas and the PA have this outlook on life – that Jews are there to be killed and maimed at will – the Palestinian misery will continue. Sure, a few Jews will suffer along the way, but the toll on the Palestinians will always be indescribably disproportionate. And in my view, the impact on the Palestinians is not disproportionate enough to teach their leadership a lesson. It will get worse, much worse, for the Palestinians, as Israel does what it simply has to do: protect its citizens at all costs.
The situation won’t deteriorate for Abbas, of course, who moves between his exquisite palaces and offices in the sumptuous air-conditioned comfort of expensive limousines. The billions in aid that have “gone missing” assure him of a continued comfortable existence.
But it will become indescribably worse for the Palestinian masses.
And they will always be on the losing side, always entrenched in misery, as long as their mindset embraces the killing of Jews for sport – the message that their political and religious leadership consistently put out, aided by a willing Palestinian media and grossly racist education system.
You know why it will be far worse for the Palestinians than for the Israelis? Because Jews are no longer interested in playing that game of being singled out for victimisation as sport to entertain barbarians who haven’t yet understood the basic tenets of civilised behaviour. All that ended – for ever – 67 years ago.
So just make up your mind. Do you support the right of Palestinians to live a decent life?
Or do you prefer to condemn them to everlasting misery because your government is too spineless to tell the Palestinian leadership that enough is enough and that the Palestinians will not get another penny of your involuntary tax revenues as a reward for killing Jews for sport.
Think hard about it.
Because a lot of Palestinian lives hang in the balance.