Want to take your Seder to the next level, and extend Pessach kindness to having a delicious meal without hurting animals? Here’s a great egg-free matzah ball recipe, courtesy of VeganPassover.com.
- matzah meal – 1 cup
- potato starch – 3 tablespoons
- oil – 1/4 cup
- water – 1 cup
- baking soda – 1/2 teaspoon
- salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- garlic – 1/4 teaspoon
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Roll into balls and place in boiling soup.
- Simmer in soup until they grow (about 20 minutes).
- Take out of soup with a slotted spoon and let harden for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Put the balls back in the soup about 1/2 hour before it’s ready to be served to heat up.
Make sure to take the balls out of the soup so they don’t fall apart. They need a chance to get firm. Once they have firmed up, you can put them back in the soup without any fears.
Wishing you all a wonderful Pessach!