We, the Jews, have accused everyone for not fighting anti-Semitism and not preventing the Holocaust:
- the peoples of Germany who allowed the Nazis to come to power;
- the countries of Europe who allowed themselves to be run by the Nazis;
- the United States who didn’t destroy the railroad lines to the extermination camps by bombing them and who did not accept the Jewish refugees from the Nazi Germany;
- the Pope who didn’t stand up for the Jews publicly;
- and many others.
And we have rightly blamed all of them.
But we are afraid to acknowledge publicly that we might have been able to do much more ourselves in preventing the Holocaust and fighting anti-Semitism, but we didn’t. Such an acknowledgement is very important now to figure out what we, the Jews, should do now.
Let’s begin with reminding ourselves how everything started – it’s described in the Vadim Davydov’s article, “The Emergence of Aryan Theory”:
“…In 1819, (the German scholar) Friedrich Schlegel used the word ‘Aryan,’ a synonym for the ethnic group including both Germans and Indians (from India), for the first time. In fact, Herodotus talked about Aryans as far back as his time, but Schlegel enhanced the root “Ari” which he proclaimed was etymologically related to the word “honor” (Ehre; honor in English and, thus, only in German does it sound like the root “Ari,” as F. Schlegel declared). Consequently, the notion of an aristocratic race of men emerged.
“… his student, Christian Lassen, reached а conclusion that gave rise to and secured forever the unique political and propagandistic sense of the word ‘Aryan.’ He contrasted the ‘comprehensive talent of Aryans’ with Semites, in whom harmonicity of the soul was absent and the Jewish religion which was egoistical and exclusive. Aryans engaged in race theory for the first time through Lassen’s efforts.
“The idea formulated by Lassen began to spread quickly in Europe. For example, in 1827, they already spoke ‘about the extensive struggle between the Semite and Indo-Germanic worlds’ in French scientific circles. Ernest Renan, a famous researcher of Judaism, declared that the Jews, after the fulfillment of their worldly function (the creation of monotheism) had begun to deteriorate and the world currently was in the hands of the Aryans.
“… The mixing of linguistics and racial anthropology had begun. What at first had been contemplated as linguistic research afterwards grew into radical theories about the principle differences between peoples and cultures. In 1853, the French count, Joseph Arthur de Gobineau (1816-1882), published ‘An Essay on the Inequality of the Human Races,’ which intensified even more the political meaning of the word ‘Aryan.’
“… Rome left behind an incredible mishmash of peoples and races. The Jews alone had succeeded in preserving purity of blood. History had chosen the Aryans to confront by force itself the tiny but influential Jewish peoples. ‘At the present time,’ he wrote, ‘these two forces — the Jews and the Aryans — …remain one against the other as eternal enemies.’
“… Everything that is not Aryan is initially alien and it must be eliminated. The Jews have been proven to be heirs of Roman racial chaos; the Aryan race is the response for the spiritual salvation of mankind. All achievements of science, art, political economy, etc., have been formulated and advanced by the Aryans. In this way, the 19th century rested upon a firm Aryan foundation.
“… One theme runs throughout a whole book by Chamberlain (an English historian who immigrated to Germany at the end of his life): the Aryans are the creators and media of culture, and as for the Jews — a negative racial force, parasites on the body of civilization, its destroyers, its cancer. Having conquered the decaying Roman Empire, the Aryans brought to its lands a purity and freedom heretofore unseen.
“Chamberlain advanced the crude civilization of the Jews, who, in his opinion, were aliens who threatened to occupy a disproportionately greater place in Germany in the 19th century, as an opposing force to the creative genius of the Aryans. The Jews had earned their judgment, not from misgivings and suspicion, but from unattainable Aryan supremacy. Almost all eminent people, wrote Chamberlain, from Tiberius to Bismarck, had perceived the presence of Jews in their country as a racial threat…”
From the facts cited above, it is obvious that in the 19th century the secular intellectuals – not the faithful Christians – began creating the ideologies which led to the rise of anti-Semitism and the Holocaust. Here are the crucial points of those ideologies:
- all peoples are not equal – the Aryan race is a master one which must be nurtured to the detriment of all other races;
- the Jews, who found the True One God, subsequently deteriorated into a spiritual ghetto and began thence to influence “in a poisonous way” the Aryan master race;
- though it was not spelled out clearly, the Christianity itself belongs to the cohorts of the Aryan race’s foes and enemies since the Biblical Christianity never supported racial ideology;
- inasmuch as the inferior races voluntarily do not agree to recognize themselves as inferior, and the Jews will not disappear voluntarily from the face of the earth, they all must be subjugated or exterminated by violent methods.
These positions were in complete contradiction to the canons of Jewish and Judeo-Christian spirituality which are asserting
- that all people were created equal independent of race “in the image and likeness of God”;
- that the mission of the Jewish people as the Chosen by God is not to be strangers among others, secluding themselves in a spiritual ghetto, but to help everyone develop our world according to the Ten Commandments;
- that the Christianity and the Judaism are not hostile moralities – the Christianity is the realization of the Torah’s ideas (the Old Testament) among Gentiles;
- that physical extermination is allowed only in regard to people, the actions of whom fall into the category of Evil according to the Torah (Old Testament), and the category of Evil is defined by actions, not by origin, race, religion or ideology.
Thus in the 19th century in Germany, the roots of the Holocaust had begun to be nurtured – the roots of the racial and anti-Semitic ideas that created the Holocaust in the 20th century. And it was apparent that these ideas contradict the canons of Jewish and Judeo-Christian spirituality.
If it was so, the leading Jewish rabbis and intellectuals were supposed to begin organizing a struggle against these racial and anti-Semitic ideas to prevent their spread and transformation into a force for exterminating and suppressing the dissidents (the non-Arians and first of all the Jews). And it would seem that the leading Jewish rabbis and intellectuals were supposed to begin organizing a battle of the Judeo-Christian Good against the Aryan-Nazi Evil.
But it didn’t happen! And what did happen? This is what.
The Jews of Germany avoided a fight for the Judeo-Christian Good against the Nazi Evil. They tried to accommodate the Nazi regime. Some Jews went into a deep spiritual underground (these primarily were the Orthodox Jews) in hope that, not seeing them, the Gentiles would forget about them. The others tried to convince the Gentiles that there were no spiritual differences between the Jews and the Gentiles (these were mainly the Reform Jews) in hope that having seen their absolutely German behavior the Germans would stop considering them as aliens.
In the 19th century no German rabbis were found who would organize a movement for Germany’s return to Judeo-Christian spirituality and for eradication of the roots of Nazi spirituality – in the 1930s it was already too late!
The present spiritual and political situation in the world resembles very much the situation in the second half of the 19th century in Germany, when and where the Arian roots of the Holocaust began to grow. The new Aryans are a significant part of the Muslims who are called the Islamists. The Islamists are those Muslims who use the concepts of Islam not for peaceful spiritual competition with the Judeo-Christian world, but for establishing the Sharia-based order in the entire world by military and terrorist methods. They have already established their mighty spiritual presence in many countries of Judeo-Christian world.
The Aryan spiritual leaders thought that the Aryan master race was supposed to rule the whole world, and now the Islamist spiritual leaders think that the “solely true” religion of Islam is supposed to rule the whole world.
The Aryan spiritual leaders thought that the Jewish people should be eradicated because the Jewish spirituality is an obstacle to the triumph of “true” Aryan spirituality, and now the Islamist spiritual leaders think that the Jews must disappear from the face of the earth (spiritually or physically) for the triumph of Islam.
The Aryan spiritual leaders (Hitler and his cohorts) began to prepare the Holocaust by converting all Germany into a collective ghetto for the Jews and creating the weaponry for killing the Jews (poisonous gases), and now the Islamist spiritual leaders (Iran’s leaders for example) are trying to convert all of Israel into a huge collective ghetto and create weaponry for murdering the Jews (Iran’s nuclear weapons).
Why it is important to speak about this now? Just because the contemporary Jewish spiritual leaders again are not working on creating a Judeo-Christian coalition for spiritual defense of the Western Judeo-Christian world from the new Evil, which the Islamism is, just as they were not doing this in the 19th century in order to oppose the Aryan Nazi Evil.
The Jewish spiritual leaders of the second half of the 19th century in Germany (both Orthodox and Reform) were engaged in mutual accusations instead of searching for Ten-Commandment-based unity among themselves and with the Christians to fight the Aryan, Nazi spiritual Evil. As was in the 19th century, now the majority of Jewish spiritual leaders of the modern Israel (and in the USA) are enthralled by the spiritual struggle with each other, and not by unifying the Judeo-Christian world against the new Evil – the Islamism.
A Judeo-Christian coalition of the Western World must be created for fighting anti-Semitism and preventing a new holocaust. Such coalition shall defend the State of Israel as part of its own spiritual realm. Authoritative Israeli rabbis and public figures must build such a Judeo-Christian coalition in cooperation with religious and public figures of the countries of the Western World.
The two publications below provide interesting information which supports the major points of this post:
- a TED video presentation by Anna Blech who won first prize at the New York City History Day competition for her research paper “Downplaying the Holocaust: Arthur Hays Sulzberger and The New York Times” at http://www.americanthinker.com/video/2013/12/shock_downplaying_the_holocaust_sulzberger_the_new_york_times_wins_1st_prize_for_tedx.html?utm_source=12-23-13&utm_campaign=AT+Newsletter+12-23-13&utm_medium=email#ixzz2pBBMpxSA
- “Europe’s Problem With Growing Anti-Semitism” by Cathy Young at http://unitycoalitionforisrael.org/news/?p=10178