Understanding your imperfection is half the cure
The irrational hatred of Jews often is based on jealousy. They miss that Jews have or accomplish more because they work harder, driven by a wish that they and their people survive.
This hatred and jealousy are made possible by ungratefulness. Just half a dozen of examples (there must be countless):
- South Africa: Mandela was not anti-Jews. He knew too well how many White Jews had fought Apartheid with danger to their health, freedom, and lives. But his successors turned anti-Jewish rapidly. His deputy president Thabo Mbeki was for an Israel boycott.
- Black USA: Martin Luther King marched with rabbis. But: BLM, the American Black Hebrews, and Malcolm X famously lack love for Jews.
- Gandhi had a South African Jewish boyfriend. He even applied his peaceful resistance to Germany’s Jews to prevent bloodshed. (It didn’t fit, but the intention counts). But his grandson was an anti-Zionist.
- Jews were the first trade unionists, feminists, and lesbians in the Netherlands. But the Left is almost the most critical about Israel.
- Christianity and Islam are heavily indebted to the Jews (Torah). Replacement theology, efforts to exterminate or convert the Jews, and expropriation of Jewish landmarks show their ungratefulness.
- Not honoring your parents, elders, and older siblings is a major form of a lack of gratefulness. A sociological form of dishonoring your parents is billions of Monotheists not honoring the Jews, the bearers of their parent religion. G^d did not throw down the Torah from Heaven. He dictated it to the Jews to teach humankind.
- Anti-Jewish and anti-Israeli Jews often don’t appreciate what their Jewish roots have given them.
This lack of respect, empathy, and gratefulness is made possible by a lack of memory. It is said the Jews are the only People with a memory. Sadly.