The question is as valid as: “How to answer a racist?” Allies of people in an oppressed group need to learn how to counter the oppressive nonsense.
“The concept of Transgenderism contradicts biology.”
1. No, gender identity is unchangeably hardwired into the brain.
2. You really want transmen to show up in women’s safe spaces? Because you seem to say that DNA is the criterion, not gender identity.
3. A feminist who doesn’t stand up for all women is not a feminist.
4. Actually, you rather would want all transpeople to disappear to solve your problem with them. Just like antisemites want Jews to disappear. Just like any oppressor thinks that the problem lies with the oppressed.
“Transwomen can include fake transfemale predators of women.”
1. There is not the slightest proof this ever happened. While there is a ton of evidence of cismen endangering women. Get your priorities straight.
2. This is like saying that Gentiles can’t become Jews for an antisemite might hide among them. Some born Jews feel that converts to Judaism can’t be ‘real’ Jews because they have no ‘Jewish DNA’ (there is no such thing). However, those are sentiments to shamefully overcome, not flaunt.
3. You seem to assume that all transwomen are really men attracted to women and capable of being their predators. Did it ever occur to you that many transwomen are attracted to men only?
4. A transwoman is not a man who chose to be a woman. It’s a woman who chooses to look like one. It’s abusive not to respect self-identification.
“LGB is about sexuality while T is about gender and not related.”
1. Transwomen were the bravest and most angry soldiers at the Stonewall Revolt. Let’s throw them out now they did their part? Similar mistreatment has been committed on Lesbians by straight feminists and on Jewish feminists by gentile feminists. After they built the general community, not stressing their otherness, the majority tries to get rid of them. This is plain transphobia, homophobia, and antisemitism, respectively.
2. LGBTQ is neither about sex nor about gender. Rather, it’s about creating a safe home community, learning a minority identity that fits best, and, often after many lonely years, finally belonging. Frequently, bullies don’t distinguish between G, L, B, or T. For them, they are all despicable. They are still different from each other so each gets their own letter/name. Just like White supremacists hate Blacks and Jews. Still, they have their own stories. Playing them against each other makes all their oppressed loose.
3. Both gender identity and sexual orientation are unalterably hardwired into the brain, possibly in similar ways, in related structures. This, though they are distinct from each other and occur independently of each other.
4. Transwomen belong to the most oppressed groups in society, especially in terms of murder and suicide. Only a bully would go after them not hindered by empathy or esteem. Bullies need to change their attitude or should be refused at safe communities that LGBTQAI+ groups try to build.
Gender dysphoria means suffering from their body not looking like their gender identity. They may be helped by passing as their gender. Yet, trying to adjust their gender to their sex is impossible. Not every transperson cares about a discrepancy between looks and identity. And many people don’t fit the binary: trans or cis. Don’t like it? Grow up and accept reality.
Oh, and unlike the interviewer in the above clip, I wouldn’t call someone ‘brave’ for being a transphobe. Only racists call people being racist ‘brave.’ Only thieves call bank robbers ‘brave.’ The proper word is ‘brazen.’ It may take guts but ‘brave’ is for doing something good. I could call them jerks.
We’re not at fault for being ignorant but we should get our ass informed.
FAQ answered by trans men and their spouses:
Popular science about trans:
A medical presentation about trans: