Everyone with an idea in Israel in election time must start his own political party with a program no one ever could construct as one is the savior.
Self-styled leader of a new party, breakaway Likudnic Gideon Sa’ar, now presented a three-point program to stop the disproportionate violence that plagues Israeli’s Muslim communities. His plan is not complicated: Take away illegal weapons, fine illegal weapon possession, and open a war on Arab criminal organizations. There are several problems with the plan.
1. The Arab population suffers most from this hostility. But it’s not only from gangs. There’s domestic violence, especially against women and gays.
2. But much more serious is that he thinks that you can stop aggression with aggression. Adding more brutality (from law enforcement) just adds stress and will give rise to more bloodshed.
3. When you feel totally powerless and think that all life will give you is poverty, how great an invitation must seem to chuck it all and join a gang.
4. Rather, the State must create more incentives for gang members and young potential gang members to leave the path of crime. Support to learn, to acquire a trade, to go on to higher education, more sports facilities, youth programs. More therapists and social workers.
5. There must be more education, also via their religious leaders, about the greatness of tolerance, of peace, and of letting others have their autonomy. To never stop loving your child no matter what.
Violence begets violence. Rather, bring some light, hope, and respect.
What to answer the mayor of Lod who said “Call me a racist but Arab gangs have no compassion; Jewish gangs at least still have some”?
1. People who say racist things are not another species. Don’t discard them or push them away as the enemy. Win them over for anti-racism.
2. “Call me a racist, but…” shows that he doesn’t want to be a racist.
3. Tell him that he should objectify his observations. How many Jewish and Arab gangs did he see? That can show how solid his ‘observation’ is or not.
4.Then, ask him if the pronouncement is still what he means if he leaves open a possibility for exceptions to the supposed rule. “I noticed that many (but not all) Arab gangs have no compassion compared to Jewish gangs.”
5. Racism really starts when you say that all Arabs are the same and all Arabs (therefore) must be treated in a worse way than others. Racist is when you can’t consider that many more Arabs suffer murder in their family than are close to murderers and you can’t feel bad for them.
6. Racism is also when politics or the police don’t want to spend time or energy or take risks to protect Arab citizens.
7. It is racist too to compare Jews and Muslims without weighing in differences between the populations. In a poorer neighborhood, you can expect more victims to gun violence. In a conservative community, there can be more assaults against women and gays. That’s not just an Arab problem. Compare them with Jews who are equally poorer or traditional. And you need to include suicides. If someone commits suicide instead of being murdered, that might very well point at violence in the community The same if someone fled and cut of family ties. (It’s harder to measure.)
8. Invite the mayor to talk about what the ‘Arab’ violence does to him, rather than just talk about ‘them.’
It will get better.
To Jews who want to ‘teach the Arabs a lesson’ (‘the’ here means: all) I want to say: That is like hating all women because your mother hated you. It’s understandable but wrong. You’re allowed to not be naive and don’t trust any Arab Gentile as you would trust any Jew, but you cannot treat any Arab unfavorably, just because he’s an Arab. Don’t forget that G^d sides with the persecuted, even if he’s a villain and the pursuer is a saint.
Again, with lies and falsehood, the Jerusalem Post tries to demoralize Zionists
Small lies, big lies, statistics, Arab-Palestinian statistics.
The previously Palestinian Post again launched this fable that ‘Number of Jews and Palestinians will be equal at end of 2022.’ I’m 27 years in the country and at least every 5 years, one of the anti-Zionist papers or academics comes with ‘news’ of an Israeli ‘Demographic Time Bomb.’
I don’t know who they try to fool by now. Probably the people new to the country, young people, and people outside of Israel.
Muslims form far less than a third of the Israeli populace (some 20% of them with Jewish roots from forceful conversions, 200 years ago), already for decades. This won’t become 50-50. The percentage will only diminish.
The truth is that once upon a time, Muslims had more kids on average than the average Jewish couple. But the former have fewer and fewer births per capita for decades already, and Jews more and more.
Especially Ultra-Orthodox (in English: Haredic, not Haredi) Jews supply.
If there is a demographic time bomb, then it is one that makes Israel more and more religious. The Haredic fertility is three times that of the other Jews in Israel. And many more religious Jews immigrate into Israel while the more liberal ones leave more and are anti-Zionists and don’t come.
On top of all that, Christians have been chased out of the Muslim-controlled areas and Muslims are also fleeing Muslim-Palestinian rule. While Zionism still is good for people immigrating to Israel. Presently, antisemitism is on the rise everywhere, so immigration will speed up.
In fact, Haaretz, whom no one suspects of Zionist propaganda, already reported in 2018 that rising Jewish fertility made the Zionist problem disappear. In 2019, it reported that fertility rates had become equal.
Aljazeera knows how to present (and confuse) the numbers to conclude that in 2018, there were already more Muslims than Jews to live in Israel.
These falsehoods, number tricks, all have only one goal: Israel wants to be democratic but if it doesn’t split off a Muslim State, the Arabs will soon outnumber the Jews and the Jewish State will be gone. Nice trick. It’s a clear warning sign of lies when anti-Zionists worry about Israel’s survival.
While formerly Zionist blockbuster Abraham Burg first chose the side of Muslim Israelis, he now declares he doesn’t want to be a Jew anymore. Reminds me of the Jerusalem Post. Antisemites are found under the left and the right. Also, Jews who’d rather opt out span the spectrum. Sad.