This is what dictators do when their reign is in danger: They start a war with a foreign power. The people then pull together and forget the internal hostility of their own tyrant.
Trump can’t start a war to distract from his Ukraine scandal that is knocking his throne off balance. So he led Turkey to war. Turkey wasted no time. Apparently, its plans were ready long before the US permission.
I won’t quote Trump here on any of this because everything he says is a lie and showing he’s lying is giving too much credit to his constant stream of assaults on the simple straightforward holy truth.
I will quote Trump on one thing to show how immoral he is. He justified his betrayal by saying: The Kurds are not fighting alongside us in a war we want; they’re just fighting to have their own State. Israel beware!
For people who are still stunned by this action by Trump, I know the type from too close-by and can tell you: it’s not that he doesn’t understand (is uninformed or stupid); he doesn’t care.
Trump caused this:
* He gave Turkey permission to slaughter the Kurdish US allies.
* Leaving the Kurds no choice but to seek support from Trump’s friends instead: the Russians. Americans beware.
* More Russian presence brings Iranian presence to the border with Israel. Israel is very aware — and as always prepared. No one has called Netanyahu naive yet.
* Turkey said to Europe: if you oppose us, we’ll let the millions of Syrian refugees into Europe.
* Turkey wants to kill off the Kurdish army, remove all Kurds (kill or chase them away) and put its Syrian refugees on the cleared land.
* Two thousand jailed ISIS terrorists were jailed by the Kurds; there is a chance that they’ll now escape and regroup, revive ISIS.
* Israel got a clear picture of how much they could rely on the US under its most loyal ally president (not at all). If the Kurds’ national ambition can be betrayed, so can theirs.
* Worldwide media, public, and government protests.
This is different from the Holocaust in that:
The news is not hidden and travels around the world very fast.
Many, including in the US, are disgusted and protesting.
Similarities with the Holocaust:
No effective thing has been done yet to stop this. Will the Security Council of the UN spring into action? Where is Europe? Words of disapproval or condemnation and symbolic long-term actions are not effective enough. We don’t want to execute Turkey’s despot Erdogan for crimes against humanity — we want to stop him.
How is this reckless, murderous action from Trump not enough to remove him from office? The whole of the German People became guilty of Hitler’s monstrosities because they supported him. As long as the US doe not remove Trump, all Americans are collectively guilty of all of the above. And that besides, that not correcting this makes the US an unreliable ally for every nation.
I want this to happen:
Turkey can and must be stopped today. Remember: the Turks are experienced in swift genocide in days or weeks to complete.
Immediate removal of Trump from office and revoking this permission to Turkey.