A big mistake is made by politicians on the Left in the US who prepare for 2020 by asking out-loud: “Who can beat “Donald Trump?”
Trump is so 2019. He will not be re-electable. In jail, on his way to jail, found out by most of the electorate as a plain liar, escaped to a Trump-friendly country, all of the above….
Much harder to outdo at will be his Vice, so the right question is: Who can beat Mike Pence?
Pence will peddle soft-Trumpism. All the reactionary capitalist stuff, but in a soothing tone, with some compromises here and there, the new reasonableness all over.
- A stop to most international trade wars
- Resumption of some environmental protection
- Continued attention to the Forgotten Man of America
- Out-loud praise for Trump
- Continued priority for defense
- Improved healthcare (not Obama or Trump Care but Who Cares)
- No more shooting from the hip (twitter, ad-lib press conferences)
- No new legislation against GLBTQ but a proud voice against them
As I said: the new reasonableness. Who could surpass that?
Clinton is too arrogant. Feel the burn-out Sanders is too angry and aloof. Sorry to say, the USA may be just too sexist to elect Warren. And the rest don’t stand a chance either.
Oprah is wildly popular — among her fans. What would help would be someone who’s attractive on the other side of the aisle.
It’s gonna be Pence. And that is only good for Israel — believe me.