One of the things I like most about my job is that I can do something which isn’t very common in today’s mass media — focus on the beautiful and positive side of Israel.
There is never a shortage of bad press when it comes to Israel and its image across the globe. People mostly hear about the conflict in our region, the fight against terrorism on our borders and the U.N condemnations that follows, more than all terror organizations have ever received, combined.
As an Israeli who works for the tourism industry, I get to travel a lot across the country and witness what it really is like. I’m fortunate to be able to visit some of the most historically significant places on earth, experience the different layers and cultures in Israel, and document its myriad of fabulous landscapes.
Throughout the year I share most of these sights with my followers on Facebook and other social media. But once a year there comes this exciting time, few weeks before the new Jewish year and holidays, when I choose 13 of my favorite recently taken photographs to create a calendar that showcases the very best of Israel.
For me, it’s a privilege to be able to bring Israel closer to you, offer you a visit through the wonderful places of the Holy Land, offer a different view of the country.
Here is a glimpse to some of its amazing views, in featured photos from the 2016 calendar – Landscapes of Israel:
1. Dramatic and serene at the same time, the Sea of Galilee.
2. The picturesque and colorful slopes of Israel’s Upper Galilee.
3. Walking through the magical alleyways of Jerusalem’s Jewish Quarter.
4. The World’s biggest Menorah at the Port of Tel Aviv (Featured in the Hebrew calendar only).
5. Visitors snapping shots at the Church of the Annunciation, Nazareth (Featured in the English calendar only).
6. Strips of land and sea, Israel’s Dead Sea.
7. Prayer at the Western Wall, Jerusalem.
For feedback and inquiries, email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.