I’m no expert on fundraising. My only experience so far has been our seed round. As a first timer, studying other pitch decks was a key part of the process. Learning what other people did right (or wrong) was tremendously valuable.
When we raised our round, I looked through at least thirty decks. And no, I’m not talking about Linkedin’s Series B deck or Airbnb’s seed presentation. I’m talking about decks from peers around me. People were always hesitant about sharing their decks though. Understandably, it’s very private…
To make things easier for other beginner entrepreneurs fundraising I’m making our original deck public.
A few basic things I learned from my experience with this deck:
- Some form of traction + team above all else.
- No one listens after the demo.
- Don’t waste your time on the design. (As you can see we didn’t)
- 10–12 slides of content is perfect.
- Made 10 different versions of the deck. Iterated every few weeks.
- A lot will change from the beginning. Possibly everything will. 😂