The city of Jerusalem is undoubtedly one of the most important places in the world.
A center for the world’s three main religions, Jerusalem has numerous sites of worship, rich with history thousands of years old. While archeologists keep unveiling its many secrets, the city evolves into one of the most modern and vibrant in the Middle East.
Most of us are familiar with images of Jerusalem dominated by a golden dome and surrounded by ancient walls. Sometimes we see images of bad news, scenes of war or conflict, collisions between religious or political groups. But Jerusalem is way beyond that.
Living so close to this magnificent city, I have had the privilege of experiencing Jerusalem year-round and this experience is beyond words.
So here are 20 photos that will show you a different perspective of Jerusalem, as you have never seen it before.
1. The first view that you see from the very entrance to the city – The Jerusalem Hills.
2. Another view usually not associated with Jerusalem, is this serene setting of the city’s Biblical Zoo.
3. When seasons change and winter comes, the city takes on the look and feel of a European capital.
4. Everything holy wears a beautiful white blanket.
5. The usually crowded Western Wall is left only to the most dedicated of worshipers.
6. When the storm is over, the city’s sheer beauty is revealed again.
7. Hidden gems can be found when entering deep into the Jewish Quarter, in the heart of the Old City.
8. Beauty of all colors can be enjoyed while walking through the Mahane Yehuda food market.
9. The Old City Market also offers some extraordinarily colorful pieces.
10. Jerusalem is a place to witness thousands of years of fascinating history. Some sites are hidden underground, like the Western Wall tunnels.
11. Other sites are carved in rock, like the ancient tombs at the Kidron Valley, dating back to the Second Temple period.
12. Jerusalem is not all ancient though. Even the Israeli Parliament is an example of its more modern sites.
13. Jerusalem is an innovative city, one that fuses ancient walls with modern art, as does the Festival of Light each year.
14. The Festival is the best time to witness the balance between old and new, ancient and modern.
15. Jerusalem is a city of the past, always respecting its origins.
16. A city that remembers, at the world renowned Holocaust Memorial Museum, Yad Vashem.
17. A city of the present, with picturesque lively neighborhoods.
18. And a city of the future, with ever growing contemporary spaces.
19. Jerusalem will always be the center for all religions, living side by side.
20. A city that is a feast for the eyes, Jerusalem will surely spark a celebration in your heart.
For feedback and inquiries, email me at: email@example.com