What are the opening lines of that song by Sam Cooke?
Don’t know much about history
Don’t know much biology
Don’t know much about a science book
Don’t know much about the French I took
This could be the anthem of “The Quartet” – that disparate alliance of the EU, UN, US and Russia – the “Holy Trinity + 1” whose religion of Political Correctness has gripped the world. No sense of history – or anything else for that matter.
Here’s a snapshot of the world today:
- Muslims are crucifying (yes, crucifying) other Muslims in Yemen
- Shia Muslims are bombing Sunni Muslims to smithereens every day in Iraq
- Sunni Muslims are bombing the daylights out of Shia Muslims in Iraq during Eid
- Shia Iran is rounding up, imprisoning and executing (by hanging them from cranes – no BDS action to boycott the makers of those cranes, strangely enough) anyone who the regime summarily accuse of being in the drug trade, gay, Christian, Zionist, spy or political dissident, including women
- Sunni Turkey has imprisoned more journalists than any other nation on earth, and that includes some nations that are pretty horrific dictatorships, all of which enjoy full voting rights at the UN
- Taliban Islamists in Afghanistan are busy killing little schoolgirls to prevent them from attending classes
- Pakistani Taliban frequently kill and maim schoolgirls to prevent them from acquiring an education
- Other Islamists in Mali are smashing centuries-old Islamic shrines because they belong to a group of Muslims they don’t like
- Turkey is continuously hunting down Kurdish Muslims and killing them because the Kurds want an independent Kurdistan
- Islamist Saudi Arabia refuses to let women drive cars because, as we all know, that will mean the “end of virginity” in the Royal Kingdom. No, seriously, that’s an official quote
- Islamists in Pakistan are in the habit of routinely beheading (watch this only if you have a strong stomach), burning Christians alive and burning girls with acid to “protect family honour”
- Islamists in Nigeria routinely kill Christians and burn churches
- Church burnings in Egypt are a national sport that barely rate a mention in the news
- Muslim Turkey has further strengthened its hold on northern Cyprus, a Christian territory it invaded and occupied four decades ago. Turkey is the only UN member nation that recognises Turkey’s occupation of northern Cyprus
- The Syrian Muslim regime is massacring its Muslim citizens on an industrial scale, played out on our TV screens every single day with a sickening regularity
- The latest Egyptian dictator, Islamist Mohammed Morsi, has granted himself sweeping dictatorial powers that exceed even the powers of his secular predecessor Hosni Mubarak. Egypt is once again in flames
- Palestinian Arab terrorist groups Fatah and Hamas are battling it out for supremacy at an almost daily cost in Muslim lives
- The Islamist regime ruling Gaza, Hamas, has only just concluded its latest round of aggression against its neighbour Israel, deliberately using its own Muslim population as human shields. This is nothing new, they were doing this back in 2009 too – here’s what Human Rights Watch had to say about it back then, which is why Israel is always wary of “agreements” with Hamas
- The increasingly extremist Muslim Fatah regime ruling Judea & Samaria, a territory also known as the West Bank following Jordan’s previous illegal occupation and annexation of that territory, is openly admitting that it intends to overrun its neighbouring state Israel
All this and more is happening right now. But the only thing the Quartet can see is that Israel, in response to a recent unilateral move by Fatah, has decided to build some houses in Area E1. This is disputed territory that only remains disputed because Fatah refuses to negotiate over the territory’s future. (Read here an in-depth analysis of what makes this disputed territory.)
Perhaps the powers that be in The Quartet need new glasses, maybe they can’t read the newsprint, see the TV pictures clearly enough.
Budget optician Specsavers, I think I’ve just found you a really lucrative, huge customer base. Would you consider giving me a 0.1 percent commission on your earnings from all spectacles you sell to members of The Quartet? That’ll be more than enough for me to buy myself a new house in Area E1 in Judea & Samaria.
What a wonderful world this would be if only myopic world leaders would refocus their attention on the horrors that are actually happening around them. Instead of picking on a country thrust into their blurred line of vision by fanatical Islamist regimes with a genocidal agenda.
Read also: Dr Salman Masalha’s excellent “Arab Media’s Dissemination of Fabrications, Conspiracy Theories” published by MEMRI