1. The Torah does not allow it. It demands very strict rules that make execution almost impossible. Even sources of a lesser morality, like the UN, are opposed. Don’t you want to belong to the people who go by the highest moral standard? Or do you want to be with the regimes with the lowest moral standard?
2. Jews have always been accused of being murderers – a great way to excuse murderers of Jews – but we are not. And you want to change that?
3. It does not deter. If you’re off your rocket enough to start killing random people, you’re not going to think twice about consequences for you.
4. It makes the executed into a martyr. Instead of deterring, this attracts these people.
5. It fulfills their wish to die a “martyr.” It even fulfills their own wish to die for their ideals. How stupid to fulfill this!
6. It gives their family the most money by the PA. They hope to die to provide more for the people they leave behind. And you are going to give them that security? You must be nuts.
7. It makes Israelis kill without a direct danger to life. All these people who are thoughtless enough to demand capital punishment, are they brave (cruel) enough to be the executioner? Would they want a loved one to have such a job?
8. It makes us look like the most inhumane states. The glorification of revenge should be so below us.
9. If only one perpetrator repented, it would be worth it. Just imagine how valuable every murderer is who becomes remorseful and wants to tell others not to follow in his footsteps.
10. Mistakes always happen. What are you going to say if it turns out that a mistake was made and the wrong person was executed? Oops?
11. It’s more costly than a life sentence. Surprisingly.
12. The possibility of a death sentence is putting extra fear and anxiety into society that we do not need. We do not want to say that unless we threaten people with death, our system of law would not survive.
13. How do you object to murder by murdering people? It cheapens life. If a regime is allowed to murder, why not a liberation army? Just because you think you are right? Well, that’s what they think too. Murder is always wrong.
14. Is there any deed possible by any person alive today that could be compared to the crimes of Eichmann? Israel executing others cheapens his crimes.
15. Shouldn’t the brunt of attention after violence go to the victims instead of the villains? Shouldn’t compassion grow and not punishment get more prominent to move to a better world?