They have what it takes, and they’ll take what you have
If you can’t take the jokes (those people are), don’t read on.
I remember a candidate-justice who, in his confirmation hearing, was confronted about raping a young woman, which sounded completely believable. He maintained it never happened and was appointed anyway.
Then came a super-conservative but brilliant lady who declared over and over again that of course, she would rule following precedent and not her beliefs. She was appointed, and sure enough, she turned out a liar.
Then came the most conservative Justice shown to be in the pocket(book) of some ultra-rightwing millionaire judicial activist. He did not resign.
Creating a Code of Ethics is unthinkable. These Justices are appointed for life and are answerable to none since there is no precedent for that.
Meanwhile, the US Supreme Court confirmed that abortion is a favor at best, and that when a woman says no, she probably means yes.
1. The standing of the Court can’t be lowered anymore anyway.
2. Trump has a lot of court experience, and Santos has a way with words.
3. They fit right in, making the Court more cohesive.
4. It would also clarify that democracy for all is only in principle, not in practice. Society is for the wealthy; equality for the law is just a veneer.
5. They confirm that dignity, integrity, and justice are totally outmoded.
The end of the false expectations, disappointments, and divisive debates.