I love to just explore supermarkets and check out new or exciting things on the shelves. The other day I came across these vegan breaded chicken patties from Mon Cuisine in the freezer section, and bought it knowing exactly what I wanted to do with it. I kept it in the freezer and finally took it out tonight. I was so excited to make tonight’s dinner. A while back I used to make “chicken” Parmesan sandwiches with an Israeli brand of vegan breaded chicken that I can’t seem to find anymore. Vegetarian chicken Parmesan sandwiches were always a treat growing up. I used to love it when that was dinner, but like I said the company stopped making them and I haven’t found a replacement I liked for them. So I tried these from Mon Cuisine and they were delish. I topped them with a marina and some shredded mozzarella, served it in a ciabatta roll and rave reviews were had! I think I finally found my replacement!
- 2 boxes Mon Cuisine breaded vegan chicken patties
- ½ can/ jar marinara sauce (I like the green can from Trader Joe’s)
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- 1 cup Shredded mozzarella cheese (or more if you like it cheesy)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a casserole dish lay out frozen patties in a single layer.
- Top each with 2 tbsp of marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle some garlic powder, black pepper, and salt (if needed) on top of marinara.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Cover and bake 1 hour until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Serve on a toasted ciabatta roll
Makes 8 servings