European rabbis think of opening up synagogues, somehow.
The US is thinking about opening up synagogues for the High Holidays.
In Italy, they can’t wait to open up churches later this month.
In Iran, they will open Mosques where there was no virus testing.
But Israel, world-leader in rational caution regarding COVID-19, is by long not ready to open synagogues. That should say it all. Learn from us!
Israel’s right! What’s the great rush? Are religious authorities afraid to offend G^d? Are they scared to lose power over people? Suffering makes people — even Atheists — pray. Religiosity is up. No need to endanger people and the whole population by rushing to open up communal prayer.
Pray in the parking lot if you need to do it with others. But otherwise, pray at home. The Creator is everywhere whenever you seek Him:
- Jeremiah 29:13 — You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart.
- Proverbs 8:17 — I love those who love Me, and those who seek Me find Me.
- Isaiah 55:6 — Seek the LORD while He may be found; call on Him while He is near.
- Jeremiah 29:12-14 — 12 Then you will call on Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the LORD, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”
- Zechariah 8:23 — This is what the LORD Almighty says: “In those days ten people from all languages and nations will take firm hold of one Jew by the hem of his robe and say, ‘Let us go with you because we have heard that God is with you.’ ”
The law to pray with a community is replaced by emergency law to guard and save your lives. That’s not rebellion. That is doing His bidding. Cut out the spectacle and stay and pray at home.