Yoel Ackerman

Has Biden Upped the Ante for GOP Hopefuls?

Amos Ben Gershom/Israeli GPO
Amos Ben Gershom/Israeli GPO

President Biden has upped the ante for GOP candidates looking to replace him as President. Before the Hamas terror attacks on October 7, Biden had a total approval rating of 43%, according to Since the attacks, his total approval rating jumped 2% to a total approval rate of 45% as of the date of this publication.  This does not seem to be a mere coincidence. Perhaps one can point to his recent support for Israel and his public condemnation of Hamas. His trip to Israel to meet in person with Bibi Netanyahu was also a sign of perhaps a new awakening of the often “Sleepy Joe.” When you combine this with a primetime televised address to the Nation pledging further support for Israel, perhaps you get a more popular President and political figure then any of the current GOP Presidential hopefuls.

Here is breakdown of the GOP hopefuls and where they stand on Israel:

Donald Trump

In a recent speech to his supporters, the former president criticized Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for not being “prepared” for the attack. He then separately complimented Hezbollah. Not a good look for the man who spearheaded the Abraham Accords. 

Ron DeSantis

DeSantis, a distant runner-up to Trump in national polling, said Israel should use “overwhelming force” so that “Hamas terrorist infrastructure and networks are eradicated from the Earth.” Desantis is the only candidate who is calling for a crackdown on anti-Jewish hate speech on college campuses. 

Nikki Haley

Haley made it clear while she was Trump’s ambassador to the United Nations to staunchly defend Israel. She said the U.S. must stand with Israel as they “finish” Hamas.

Vivek Ramaswamy

It is obvious to all that Ramaswamy does not care about Israel and that if it were up to him, America would stop sending military and financial aid to the Jewish State. The entrepreneur has no foreign policy experience or knowledge, and it has shown in the GOP debates.  

About the Author
Yoel Ackerman is a blogger and content writer at several media outlets, including the Lakewood Scoop and The Times of Israel. He also works as a Paralegal and is currently pursuing a degree in law. His content often includes the news of the day, from a legal perspective.
Related Topics
Related Posts