Are you counting?
- Where is Jonathan Pollard? Why is he still not allowed to make Israel his home? What a disrespect for the Knesset that unanimously requested his total release. No one is winning by having him confided to the US. No one will protest when he is set free. If he’s our friend, why does he keep us (and Jonathan) waiting?
- What’s so wrong with moving the US embassy to Jerusalem? President Trump has been sweet to Israel and the Jews from the start, which did not stop Palestinian leaders from declaring their hopes in him anyway. Why would such a supportive move hamper the peace process?
- How could one rightly-so much-applauded token bombardment on the Syrian nerve gas spreading air force be enough, President Trump? There is a jail in Syria where prisoners are executed and cremated every day, Nazi style – your own State Department made the proofs public. Why can’t the US bomb that jail? Jews don’t like genocide, random executions and crematoria to hide mass murder, from anyone on anyone. We have this angle of hating any wrong – not just those performed against us.
- How did President Trump defy the whole world, science and common sense and abandon the Paris Accords? Jews do not like abuse of the environment, nor can they trust someone who does whatever he likes and suits him with total disregard of anything that does not suit him. Old-fashioned monarchs acted like that – and held Jews hostage to their absolute power. We had to honor them but we did not like them.
- Why does President Trump keep harping on mistrusting Muslims? We Jews dislike with a vengeance any discrimination on the basis of religion. Especially from a country that refused Jews fleeing Hitler. We have such a good memory.
- How is President Trump eroding US social safety, like healthcare for all and job safety regulations, just for the financial gain of the happy few? Jews believe in taking responsibility for the less fortunate too. That makes society more just and stable – also for the rich.
- Saying the opposite. President Trump seems good at it. It sometimes works well in negotiations with liars. We know that it is common practice to bend the truth in business, court rooms and politics, but that doesn’t mean that we don’t notice and would like it. We distrust people who don’t say what they believe and don’t do what they say. Especially if they are rulers.
- Why would President Trump pressure Israel to get to a peace agreement with the Arab Palestinian leadership? Israeli Jews want peace more than anyone else. Why then behind-closed-doors pressure us?
- Why does President Trump call the free press the enemy of the state? All Jews think for themselves and have our own opinion, and we do not want it to be stifled. Your visit to Israel was full of smiles and good words, but had no even one small press conference. We call that a bad press.
We Jews are not impossible to please. You should just make an effort.
All we ask is: free Jonathan Pollard, move the US embassy to Jerusalem, bomb the Syrian prison/crematorium, readopt the Paris Accords, stop trashing Muslims, healthcare for all, reinstating job safety regulations, spare us the spin, stop pressuring Israel’s leaders for concessions, and honor the free press as any good sport honors his opponents.
Would that be too much to ask? Jews have been around a few years. If you can’t do the above, you predictably will be out of a job soon – which would be a pity with all the potential wasted. Have you ever listened to the Jews and come out bad? Now then, trust us. Follow our lead and you’ll be honored for it. Don’t and then don’t say you weren’t warned.
We accept you as our friend but we would like you to behave as one too. That means making everyone happy, with deeds, at the expense of no one. That is not impossible. Try it – you will love it after you get the hang of it. It suits your personality – to hell with the wallet. And it will look good on you in the history books too.