Iran’s and Hamas’s campaigns against Israel should be seen for what they are: acts of desperation.
Recent headlines from Iran about Hamas’s ‘successes’ are no more than wishful thinking. The truth is that Israel has recently become so successful and powerful that – wishful thinking aside – its enemies have only cause for despair.
How on earth was the shooting of more than 4,000 missiles with an ensuing 13 deaths a victory?! And the one soldier who was killed was helping with emergency supplies for Gaza at the moment he was killed. However nobody picked up on this, another indication of the one area in which Israel is floundering: public relations.
Iran was behind Gaza war
Iran, which some time ago threatened revenge against Israel, was undoubtedly behind the Gaza attacks and other disturbances. Also, Israel is being bombarded daily by negative reporting. Whereas the media themselves are the ones who are inventing the negative news and influencing public opinion against Israel.
What are Israel’s recent achievements?
– At the beginning of May, Intel announced that it is investing 10 billion dollars in its second mega-factory in Israel. On the same day the company announced a further 600 million dollars in investments in Israel.
– In 2020, more than 10 billion dollars was invested in Israeli high-tech start-ups, a record. This year the figure is expected to be around 20 billion dollars.
– Recently, the United Arab Emirates announced that it is establishing a 10-billion-dollar fund for investments in Israel.
– Well over 500 multinationals have established research centers in Israel.
– Israel currently has more start-ups than all countries of Europe combined.
– China is building a massive port in Haifa in which it has already invested over 3 billion dollars.
– Israel’s national gas fields have made the country nearly self-sufficient in energy and Israel will soon be exporting billions of dollars of gas per year to Egypt and Jordan. There are plans to build an underwater pipeline to Europe by 2025.
– Israeli desalination plants have made the country self-sufficient in water and Israel produces 95% of its food and is a major exporter of fresh produce, as well as a world leader in agricultural technologies.
– Israel has become a world leader in new medical technologies and was the first country in the world to vaccinate its population against COVID-19.
– Israel’s birthrate is double that of other Western nations. The demographic threat is a myth. The Jewish birthrate is now only slightly below the declining Arab birthrate and immigration makes up for the difference. Ultra-Orthodox Jews are thought to have the world’s highest birth-rate.
– Israel is now the world’s eighth largest arms supplier and is considered the eighth most powerful military might in the world.
An Israeli BBC would provide the world with quality broadcasting and information
The answer to Israel’s tarnished public relations is to invest in the establishment of an international broadcasting corporation which would provide quality programming and information. Israel has amazing cultural potential, but Israeli culture and media are almost non-existent outside the country. It is imperative that Israel establish international media corporations to compete with the BBC and Al-Jazeera.