SAT vs ACT-Picking the Best Test for Your Child
Is your child in high school? If so, then you will soon have to decide if he/she should take the SAT or ACT test. #SAT #ACT
Consider these 5 issues when picking the best test for your child.
- Timing-Does your child have trouble finishing tests in school, but does not qualify for an extra time accommodation? If so, the SAT is the way to go.
- Reasoning-Does your child succeed in school but have weaker reasoning skills? The ACT is more curriculum based and may be an easier route for your student.
- Science-Students who excel at science often prefer the ACT, where they will have a chance to show off their superior science reasoning skills in the ACT Science section.
- Mental math-Students who excel in mental math often prefer the SAT, since the new SAT has a math section with no calculator.
- Surprises-Does your child hate surprises on tests? Does he/she study excessively and still feel tricked on the test day? The ACT is generally more straightforward and is better suited to students who have difficulty in applying knowledge to new problem types.
Want to learn more about the SAT and ACT tests? Check back next time for more details about each test.