Facing the newest craze. I’ll try to be neutral though I’m 6’5″ and vegan.
Some people even question if having kids is irresponsible. Well, all kids always suffer and die, hopefully at an ‘old ripe age.’ So, upcoming suffering is no excuse. But will each of us having a few kids kill us all?
No. Surely, we don’t need to seek dwarfed partners and have tiny or few offspring to fight climate change. I explained before: Have as many kids as you want and of any size. But we do need to cut down on other stuff. How about:
- Raising all of them as (mostly) nice vegans and sharp activists.
- No long-distance vacations.
- Public transportation only.
- Thinking globally, working and buying locally.
- Don’t overbuy food only to throw out half of it.
- Sporting and activism as free time activities instead of TV/Netflix.
- Trying to help stop all bullies and end all wars.
In fact, nations without enough young people have a sustainability problem. Europe is losing its autochthone culture by not having children anymore. It’s also losing the future workforce it needs to feed the ever-increasingly gray population. China has the same problems but more and for different reasons. Those changes could lead to India overtaking it as the world’s most populous country and to international destabilization.
No need to go extreme. It’s the exaggeration that could kill us all.