It’s easy to point out things like Kanye running for president, LA -92 repeating itself or bash Netanyahu and his plethora of ministers.
Or the simple fact that the world is ever-so crippled by a virus. Or why not remember Iyad? Who was shot and killed 40 days ago this Thursday the 9th of July. Or counting the endless stream of black victims who faced racism and no longer are with us? Or those who die in the line of serving their country? There are many victims and few winners in this year of 2020. I don’t want to start thinking about all those who lost their jobs, their home or their family-members due to Corona. Or the common pain – I read about a young woman, a daughter who in the end lost all energy of fighting an eating-disorder and a depression and ended her life. May god be with her and her family.
So this could continue in many ways. Writing about the injustice, pain and suffering in the world. But I will change tracks – because I don’t have the energy to keep bitching and moaning about everything. All the time. So are there some happiness after all in this year? Of course, here we go!
- We might find a vaccine against Corona, if not – we sure as hell will know how to fight it!
- Trump’s rule might come to an end in The White House. One less autocratic, misogynist leader in the world.
- People, politicians and decision-makers will stand up for minority rights in the US, hopefully this will be the case in the rest of the world as well. If not – then at least the US can say that they hold the new high moral standard when this is over. Hopefully.
- The deep need of a strong social security system is more than ever exposed. This is the time to invest in all citizens and people – because they will return a healthy profit by paying taxes when they are back on their feet.
- No lethal weapon can shield us from an universal enemy, such as Corona. Perhaps we will invest our money in medical science, health care, elder care, child care and raising wages for nurses and teachers. Just to name a few sectors.
- I’m personally 100% sure that Mother Earth feels a bit better when we don’t fly, drive or consume goods as much as pre-corona. Yes – it feels like shit that we can’t live like we used to right now. I can’t see my mother, my kids can’t see Israel and my friends can’t visit. That is hard, but hopefully we can return to normal one day – just perhaps being a bit more aware of our environment and common future.
- Putin decided to amend the Russian constitution, in order to continue his rule over this vast country until 2036. That’s right – the year 2036. Finally we can cast our doubts and just call him a dictator openly.
- The Swedish soft drink Loranga is back indefenetly. It’s like Fizzy Bubblech but better. Those of you who know, knows.
- China continues to be unreliable when it all boils down on how to combat the virus. This is great – let’s put China in the freezer for a while. I’m a bit uncomfortable when it comes to play Big Brother on steroids with its population in order to combat the spread of the virus. This has proven useless since the virus continues to spread in China. At least according to the Chinese government.
- Finally, I’m building my dream garden house. Suitable for afternoon tea and just reading a book, while smelling the taste of growing tomatoes and cucumbers. I might not make it to SFO in time this autumn – but honestly, life continues and I still have a spot there.
- Super-finally, life continues and must go on. Do the best of what you have. If you have nothing, find something. If you really can’t find something, widen your view. If you can’t get something because you are out of money – I totally get it. I’ve been broke a number of times. Somehow I still managed. I think I read a lot during these hardships – I learned something and it at least consumed my time.
Do you have good news? Share them!