The two backbones of true democracy are 1. The majority rules, taking all vulnerable minorities into account and 2. Anti-equality = anti-democratic.
1. Why could the majority not rule that Gays should stay out of the public sphere? For the same reason the majority cannot rule that the rich all go to jail, and all their moneys fall to the State.
2. Why could the majority not rule that all left-wingers lose their right to vote? For the same reason, the majority could not rule that all right-wingers lose their right to vote after the next elections.
3. Why is the High Court so left-wing? Minority = human rights protection could be on the priority list of right-wing parties too. You call it left-wing because you abandoned the needs of the vulnerable.
4. There is no democratic right to spread hatred and repressive stereotypes. To stop that is the protection of democracy. What would you need if you were a vulnerable minority?
5. It is anti-democratic to demand being comfortable at the expense of real needs of vulnerable minorities. Being tolerant and understanding and having empathy are not favors but democratic musts.
6. As long as we have no Constitution to tell judges to ignore unlawful laws, that’s the job of the High Court. We didn’t elect the justices, but that’s also true for the police and army, which guard democracy too.
7. No one ‘stole your election.’ This government has passed its expiration date. It can’t pass laws most people don’t want. Demonstrations and strikes are allowed. Face it that you became a fringe group.
8. Supremacists and bullies should fall outside the rights democracy grants, like free speech, the right to assemble, etc.
9. For good reasons, you can decide that in your synagogue, people who look like women and/or who can be impregnated by men should be in a separate section, but you can’t decide who is a man and who is a woman.