If London were situated in Israel, this would have been the commentary:
- Regular Israeli citizens: What have we done to deserve this?
- Do-it-yourself therapists: These people are crazy.
- Racists: You see: they are all animals.
- Moderate politicians: It’s the occupation that makes people do this in their desperation. You must give them more hope, prosperity and independence.
- Homespun philosophers: It takes two to make a quarrel.
- Western nitwits: We must show them that our open, pluralistic, democratic society is better than their extremist Islamist ideas.
- The State Department: We call upon both sides to exercise restraint.
- The EU: You should restart the Peace Process and begin with some concessions to appease the other side.
- Palestinian Authority: We condemn in the strongest way all attacks on innocent lives from both sides.
- Violent Muslim regimes: We will continue until we liberated all of Palestine with our blood!
- Regular Muslim regimes: We regret the loss of life but one must understand that there will not be quiet until there will be justice.
Maybe, now that it happens to Europe and England, people there can begin to understand how painful, inappropriate and inadequate such reactions are. Please, never say such things again.
It is sad that the Western world has abandoned Israel for so long, claiming to be our friends, until it happened to them. There is nothing new under the sun. When one abandons the Jews to evil, in the end, one will find oneself abandoned to evil: Martin Niemöller:
First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Socialist.
Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Trade Unionist.
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.
More proper responses are:
- This obviously is evil in motion and we will stop it.
- It has no motive or justification, it has no modifying or redeeming aspects and is serves no purpose. It is pure evil.
- All of us are commanded not to murder.
- Murder is evil. It denies morality and the sanctity of every life. It denies that each person is irreplaceable.
- But good always will triumph over evil. So stay optimistic, promote love and help block anyone who chooses to leave the human fold by choosing murder supposedly as a proper means.