There we go again. We have a new Peace Process(ion), now led by US President Trump.
We are embarking again on the trail of Israel doing concessions and Arab Palestinian leaders saying: not enough, not enough, nice but not enough, not enough – revolt – we’re out – poor us.
We know this chorus:
That is no road to peace.
That is a dead end.
Many times entered.
But still a dead end.
And always will be.
* * *
On an old RC-church wall (here!) in the center of the historic and disappeared Jewish quarter of Amsterdam (Mozes en Aäronkerk, side of the Jodenbreestraat) for years, in the eighties, was written a ten-word generic graffiti with big white-paint letters:
There is no way to peace
Peace is the way
* * *
I think that most of us can agree on these real truisms:
- The democratic Jewish State of Israel will not disappear.
- There needs to be a economically viable Palestinian State.
One can try to force these puzzle pieces where they don’t belong but that will make for an ugly picture. The jigsaw only fits this way:
- Areas of the West Bank of the Jordan River gets independence – the rest goes to Israel.
- For economic viability, these areas will form a confederation with present Jordan (previously: Transjordanian Palestine).
- The love-the-Jews-challenged King of Jordan is heading the new confederation named United Palestine.
- All legal oppression of Palestinians in former Jordan and all other violations of human rights there are uprooted.
- When Gaza too will acquire a democratic regime that respects human rights, it may join the new United Palestine.
- United Palestine, Egypt and Lebanon replace •hate-the-Jews education by ♥we-protect-Jews education.
- The economically powerful US and Arab States heavily subsidize the above if these commitments are kept.
- We will all live happily ever after.
None of the above regimes or populations initially need to like any of these points. But non-compliance will mean utter poverty (see point 7). That should make the choice easy.
What are we all talking about and waiting for?
Please, spread the word.