The current state of the USA is not good because it is moving away from the Torah guidance that is the foundation of both the Christian Bible and the Declaration of Independence.
The disturbing trend is that we are moving fast
- from the nation of individual freedom, individual responsibility, individual wealth creation, and individual wealth distribution for building the Torah-guided God’s better world – better for everybody
- to the nation of government regulations, collective irresponsibility, collective wealth-creation suppression, and collective wealth redistribution for building a human-gods-guided better world – better for selected groups of people.
In the terms of contemporary social and political language, we are moving, and we are moving fast,
- from the two-party system with publicly recognized Republican and Democratic Parties where both parties have been trying to use the existent political and social structures for enhancing wealth creation and investing the created wealth into their different designs of God’s better world
- to the two-party system with publicly yet to be recognized Wealth-creation and Welfare-consumption Parties where Wealth-creation Party is trying to create real wealth and invest it along the lines of is individual vision of a God’s better world while Welfare-consumption Party is trying, and trying successfully, to confiscate the wealth created by the other party and redistribute it to the members of their non-wealth-creating members.
Wealth-creation Party is represented by all businesses and social organizations which are not getting any public (tax-payers) funds while Wealth-consumption Party is represented by always growing government, welfare recipients, and many businesses which are “making money” primarily not by creating new wealth but through government contracts and financial support as well as by favorite tax arrangements.
Welfare-consumption Party has a leader, and a leader is Big Government. Both current political parties, Democrats and Republicans, have worked hard on developing Big Government and now we have it. Wealth-creation Party doesn’t have a leader and therefore is losing.
The strategy of Wealth-consumption Party is simple:
- Divide the entire nation into small competing groups: men vs. women, blacks vs. whites, Hispanics vs. whites, native born vs. immigrants, old vs. young, poor vs. wealthy, sick vs. healthy, heterosexuals vs. homosexuals, etc.
- Select favorites in the divided groups – those who can provide a voting majority such as women, blacks, Hispanics, immigrants, old, poor, sick, homosexuals – and provide them with spiritual and financial benefits at the expense of the others
- Through various taxes, tariffs, and fees, confiscate the wealth from members of Wealth-creation Party, and confiscate it as much as possible, and redistribute it among the members of ruling government and the voting-majority favorites
- Increase the size of the government that is the Party by involving itself into all spheres of people’s life.
So far the strategy of Wealth-consumption Party has worked effectively: the average individual income of non-wealth creating government bureaucrats is much higher than that of wealth-creating working people; the income of a welfare family is much higher that the income of an entering work-force working family; the government share (federal, state and local governments) of GDP increased from the original 5-10% to 60-70%, and the people of traditional Torah-based Judeo-Christian faith are on defense and retreating.
If Wealth-consumption Party succeeds, why the society cannot accept its strategy as the way for the entire country to be? The answer to this question is obvious. The strategy of this party reduces incentives for wealth creation – the more wealth you “confiscate” from the wealth creating people, the less incentive they have to create wealth and therefore they create less. If you reduce wealth creation, you would have less and less for “confiscation”, and the society collapses, and that was the reason for the Soviet Empire to collapse.
The strategy of (legally non-existent) Wealth-creation Party is simple as well:
- Unite the entire nation on the Torah-based (Bible, Declaration of Independence) idea of individual freedom, individual responsibility, individual wealth creation, and individual wealth distribution for building the Torah-guided God’s better world
- Create legislative conditions for fair and unbiased economic and spiritual individual competition preserving the Torah-based Judeo-Christian foundation of the country
- Reduce the IRS taxes, sale taxes, various tariffs and fees back in the direction of the original figures increasing the amount of money in the hands of wealth creators – to invest in jobs creation, in helping poor and unfortunate, and in fulfilling their individual dreams of Torah-based God’s better world
- Restrict the size of the government and involve it mostly in securing – externally and internally – individual freedom and fair competition.
So far the strategy of Wealth-creation Party has worked poorly: disunity in the country is growing, Judeo-Christian faith-based organizations are retreating, various types of wealth “confiscation” are increasing, and the government is becoming larger and larger.
As the nation, we are forgetting the very reason of our Torah/Bible-based existence described in the Declaration of Independence.
In 1822 in the letter to James Smith, Thomas Jefferson said: “Man, once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind. With such persons, gullibility, which they call faith, takes the helm from the hand of reason and the mind becomes a wreck.” It looks like we are now on the way of surrendering our national reason.
How to stop it? It’s simple – find the Torah/Bible/Declaration-of-Independence great leaders who are able to bring the country back to the Torah/Bible/Declaration-of-Independence guidance on the God’s design of a better world. Could we?