The GOP just lost the House now 20-odd Tea Party Representatives split off
Enough Dems must vote for the GOP lead candidate to be Speaker. Why?
1. A McCarthy who didn’t give in to the Tea Party is better than one who gave in, or than someone else who finds favor in the eyes of the populists.
2. It will indebt McCarthy to the Dems.
3. McCarthy then must seek compromises with the Dems in everything.
4. Yes, he stands for horrible anti-social policies and is unfit and inept, but surely, he’s better than anyone the Tea Party agrees on.
5. Isn’t an inept GOP Speaker the best Dems’ preparation for 2024?
What is taking the Dems so long to figure this out?
The Dems, not the Reps, cause this deadlock, showing up for every vote!!
Please hurry to seize the opportunity. No formal deal is needed to do this.