It has been 71 years since the founding of the modern State of Israel, and while Israel is thank G-d strong militarily, it continues to be seriously threatened by a relentless Arab propaganda war, which they are winning.
This War of Words manifests itself on college campuses, protests and rallies against Israel, “progressive politics,” BDS, and the endless stream of anti-Israel resolutions at the United Nations.
- Using images and words, a simple but poignant example from BBC shows a map of Israel before and after the 1967 War. Pre-1967, the land that Jordan and Egypt invaded (when the Arab League rejected the U.N. Partition Plan in 1948) is called “Controlled” or “Administered.” While post-1967, the land that Israel won in a war of self-defense against multiple Arab armies is called “Occupied.”
- Similarly, already in the U.S. Congress today, representatives like Ilhan Omar is demanding an end to the “Occupation” and Rashida Tlaib is replacing Israel on the map with “Palestine.”
This is the power of propaganda, branding, and manipulating words and ideas to control public opinion. There are many other examples as the Palestinians and their oil-wealthy beneficiaries take every opportunity to falsely grab the proverbial moral high-ground and create sympathy for themselves and outrage against Israel, no matter how warped or incorrect it is.
- Using history, as bizarre as this gets, the Palestinians are literally reversing and stealing the Jewish identity with David and Goliath making themselves out as the Jewish David with slingshot and all against Israel as the Philistine Goliath, even as Israel’s few million Jews are surrounded by almost 300,000,000 Arabs.
- Further and obscenely, the Palestinians falsely accuse Israel of “Apartheid” and being like the “Nazis” (who genocidally murdered 6,000,000 Jewish men, woman, and children), while Israel has taken great risks to extend measures of equality and social justice by providing 1,600,000 Palestinians citizenship in Israel (even though there were only 150,000 in Israel after the 1948 War), unilaterally withdrawing from Gaza, and providing self-rule to the Palestinians in the West Bank.
- The revisionist Palestinian narrative continues saying Israel is “Arab Land” and we made them a “Homeless People,” and demanding ever more “land-for-peace” when the truth is that Israel is the “Promised Land” to the Jewish people, the Palestinians are free to stay in Israel or go to any of the other 22 Arab League countries that are over 500 times the size of Israel, and the Jews are truly the ones that were homeless–without any Nation State to call their own and endlessly persecuted–for almost 2,000 years.
- Moreover, the Palestinians turn brutal terrorists like Hamas, Hezbollah, and Islamic Jihad into “Freedom Fighters,” and absurdly accuse Israel of “atrocities” and “massacres.” Yet it is the Palestinians and Arab with their genocidal aspirations that blow up buses, cafes, pizzerias, and shopping malls, and cling to their mandate to wipe Israel off the face of the map and throw every Jew into the Sea, while the Israel Defense Forces are rightfully recognized as incredibly restrained and “the most moral army in the world.“
With the utmost gratitude to Hashem, we have a State of Israel and our own military now and are no longer defenseless and “like sheep to the slaughter.” However, we cannot let the Arab Propaganda machine steal the truth, including our very history and identity, and take Israel from the real David back to the evil Goliath.
- BDS Boycott Divestment Sanctions
- Democracy in Israel
- Gaza Disengagement
- Gaza Rocket Attacks
- Holocaust Revisionism
- Israel Advocacy
- Israel Independence Day
- Israel on Campus
- Israel-Diaspora Ties
- Jewish history
- Peace Process
- Refugee Crisis
- Six Day War