Day 4 of Succos (תהילים נ \ צד)- משה \ נצח
The song of the day is the last eight pesukim of Tehillim #94. The theme expressed is that goodness will prevail and evil will be punished. G-d will champion Israel’s cause and deliver it from its enemies. We do not have to worry about taking revenge because G-d Himself takes vengeance on our behalf. In the end of history the Jewish nation with emerge victorious נצחון.
תהילים פרק צד: טז-כג
טז מִי יָקוּם לִי, עִם מְרֵעִים; מִי-יִתְיַצֵּב לִי, עִם-פֹּעֲלֵי אָוֶן.
יז לוּלֵי ה’ , עֶזְרָתָה לִּי כִּמְעַט, שָׁכְנָה דוּמָה נַפְשִׁי.
יח אִם אָמַרְתִּי, מָטָה רַגְלִי; חַסְדְּךָ ה’, יִסְעָדֵנִי.
יט בְּרֹב שַׂרְעַפַּי בְּקִרְבִּי תַּנְחוּמֶיךָ, יְשַׁעַשְׁעוּ נַפְשִׁי.
כ הַיְחָבְרְךָ, כִּסֵּא הַוּוֹת; יֹצֵר עָמָל עֲלֵי חֹק.
כא יָגוֹדּוּ, עַל נֶפֶשׁ צַדִּיק; וְדָם נָקִי יַרְשִׁיעוּ.
כב וַיְהִי ה’ לִי לְמִשְׂגָּב; וֵאלֹקי, לְצוּר מַחְסִי.
כג וַיָּשֶׁב עֲלֵיהֶם, אֶת אוֹנָם וּבְרָעָתָם יַצְמִיתֵם; יַצְמִיתֵם, ה’ אֱלֹקינוּ.
16. Who will rise up for me against evildoers? Who will stand up for me against the doers of evil?
17. Had Hashem not been a help to me, in a moment would have dwelt in the silent grave my soul.
18. If I said, my foot falters, you kindness Hashem supported me.
19. When abundant were by forebodings within me, Your comforts cheered my soul.
20. Can it be associated with you, the throne of destruction? Those who fashion evil into a statue.
21. They join together against the soul of the righteous and the blood that is innocent they condemn.
22. Then Hashem became for me a stronghold, and my G-d the Rock of my refuge.
23.He turned upon them their own violence and with their own evil He will cut them off, cut them off will Hashem our G-d.
Succah spelled without the vav can equal a numerical value of Moshe. This gematria adds up all the letters until and including the letter being evaluated.
צירופים (צירוף כל האותיות)
(א,ב,ג,ד,ה,ו,ז,ח,ט, י,כ,ל,מ,נ,ס) עד ס
ועד בכלל = 255
(א,ב,ג,ד,ה,ו,ז,ח,ט,י,כ) עד כ
ועד בכלל = 75
(א,ב,ג,ד,ה) עד ה ועד בכלל = 15
סכה = 345 = משה
Moshe successfully won the battle against the angels, who did not want us to receive the Torah. This was a victory or נצחון , for the Jewish nation as received the Torah eternity לנצח. We also offer only ten bulls on behalf the nations, further diminishing their power.
Moshe had Ten Jewish Names
He was called Moshe by Bisyah the daughter of Paroh, because he was taken from the water of the Nile. His nurse called him אבי סוכו because he was hidden from the Egyptian in a סוכהsuccah.
Since the mon in the midbar fell from heaven on his zechus, he was also named ירד. His father called him חבר because he caused his parent to re-marry. His mother Yocheved called him יקותיאל because she hoped G-d wound return her child. She also called him טוביה because he looked good. The Jewish people called him Shemaya, because he listened to their cries. Aharon called him אבי זנוח , because his parents divorced and then remarried. He grandfather Kehas called him אביגדור because Moshe protected the other Jewish children like a fence or a wall, since Paroh’s decree stopped after him. Since the Torah was given to him he was called בן נתנאל. His tenth Hebrew name was אבישר since G-d overlooked the sin of the Eigel HaZahav because of Moshe.
Another reason for the name משה is found in the sefer Shaar HaGilgulim. Moshe was a reincarnation of the souls of Shem the son of Noach and Hevel the son of Adam.
משה גילגול מ- שם הבל
They joy of experienced during the holiday of succos (ושמחת בחגך), enables us to set Hashem before us, always.
תהילים טז:ח, יא
שויתי י-ה-ו-ה לנגדי תמיד, כי מימיני בל אמוט: תודיעני ארח חיים, שבע שמחות את פניך, נעימות בימינך נצח:
I have set Hashem before me always, because He is at my right hand, I shall not falter. You will make known to me the path of life the fullness of joys in Your presence the delights that are in Your right hand for eternity (Tehillim 16:11).
If day four of Succos falls on a Thursday say אום אני חומה , The nation that declares I am a wall. This is a prayer to take us out of galus since we are strong in our love for G-d. We invoke the merit of Moshe who redeemed us – פדוית טוביה.
If it falls on a Friday, the hoshana of the day is א-ל למושעות,”G-d bring salvation”. This prayer refers to the four oaths in Shir Hashirim that G-d demanded of the Jews in exile (Rav Chelbo).
- The Jews in Chutz LaAretz are not allowed to rebel against the government
- They not delay the geula by doing sins.
- They not reveal the mysteries (Kabalah) and depths of Torah knowledge to non-Jews.
- They not seek to end their exile by armed force or great masses.
If day four is a Sunday then we say אערוך שועי…גליתי בצום פשעי – , since this will be the same day of the week that Yom Kippur was celebrated that year. If day four falls on a Tuesday then we say אבן שתיה (Beis Hamikdash).
Our victory, is our ability to keep and study the Torah of Moshe.
Bulls Sacraficed – 10
Day 5 (תהילים צ”ד) אהרן \ הוד
The first fifteen pesukim of Tehillim #94 are read as the song of the day similar to Day five, the theme expressed is that goodness will prevail. Aharon was a man who pursued peace between Jews, אוהב שלום רודף שלום and he stove to see the good in every Jew. The proper spelling of the name Aharon is without a “vov”. This is because he name comes from a reincarnation of Haran הרן and a letter aleph was added to the begining. This gives us the proper spelling of his name as א-הרן , as is the the only way its spelled in the entire Torah (Shaar HaGilgulim).
תהילים צד: א-טו
א אֵל-נְקָמוֹת ה’; קל נְקָמוֹת הוֹפִיעַ.
ב הִנָּשֵׂא, שֹׁפֵט הָאָרֶץ; הָשֵׁב גְּמוּל, עַל גֵּאִים.
ג עַד-מָתַי רְשָׁעִים ה’: עַד מָתַי, רְשָׁעִים יַעֲלֹזוּ.
ד יַבִּיעוּ יְדַבְּרוּ עָתָק; יִתְאַמְּרוּ, כָּל פֹּעֲלֵי אָוֶן.
ה עַמְּךָ ה’ יְדַכְּאוּ; וְנַחֲלָתְךָ יְעַנּוּ.
ו אַלְמָנָה וְגֵר יַהֲרֹגוּ; וִיתוֹמִים יְרַצֵּחוּ.
ז וַיֹּאמְרוּ, לֹא יִרְאֶה יָּ-הּ; וְלֹא יָבִין, אֱלֹקי יַעֲקֹב.
ח בִּינוּ, בֹּעֲרִים בָּעָם; וּכְסִילִים, מָתַי תַּשְׂכִּילוּ.
ט הֲנֹטַע אֹזֶן, הֲלֹא יִשְׁמָע; אִם יֹצֵר עַיִן, הֲלֹא יַבִּיט.
י הֲיֹסֵר גּוֹיִם, הֲלֹא יוֹכִיחַ: הַמְלַמֵּד אָדָם דָּעַת.
יא ה’ יֹדֵעַ, מַחְשְׁבוֹת אָדָם: כִּי הֵמָּה הָבֶל.
יב אַשְׁרֵי, הַגֶּבֶר אֲשֶׁר תְּיַסְּרֶנּוּ יָּ-הּ; וּמִתּוֹרָתְךָ תְלַמְּדֶנּוּ.
יג לְהַשְׁקִיט לוֹ, מִימֵי רָע עַד יִכָּרֶה לָרָשָׁע שָׁחַת.
יד כִּי, לֹא יִטֹּשׁ ה’ עַמּוֹ; וְנַחֲלָתוֹ, לֹא יַעֲזֹב.
טו כִּי עַד צֶדֶק, יָשׁוּב מִשְׁפָּט; וְאַחֲרָיו, כָּל יִשְׁרֵי לֵב.
- G-d of vengeance, Hashem G-d of vengeance appear.
- Arise Judge of the earth, render retribution to the haughty.
- Until when will the wicked, Hashem, until when will the wicked exult?
- They speak freely they utter malicious falsehood they glory themselves all doers of evil
- Your people Hashem they crush and Your heritage they afflict
- The widow and the stranger they slay and the orphans they murder
- And they say: See not will G-d, understand not will the G-d of Yaakov.
- Understand you boors, among the people and you fools when will you gain wisdom
- The one who implants the ear will He not hear? Will He who fashions the eye not see?
- He who chastises nations will He not punish? It is He Who teaches man knowledge.
- Hashem knows the thoughts of man, that they are futile.
- Praiseworthy is the man who G-d disciplines and who from your Torah You teach him.
- To give rest to him from the days of evil while dug for the wicked is the pit.
- Because forsake not will Hashem His people and His heritage He will not abandon.
- For to righteousness shall justice revert and following it will be all of upright heart.
Hod is splendor or majesty. G-d’s splendor is manifested when the Shechina exists in Eretz Yisrael. This can only occur, when most of the Jewish population of the world resides in Israel, which is true today (5779). This has not occurred since the destruction of the First Beis Hamikdash!
ה’ אדנינו, מה אדיר שמך בכל הארץ, אשר תנה הודך על השמים.
Hashem our master, how mighty is Your name throughout the Land [Israel], You Who places Your majesty on the heavens (Tehillim 8:2).
The Clouds of Glory protecting the Israelite nation in the midbar, existed on the merits of Aharon HaCohen. In additions, the paskum in Tehillim about a tzadik to Aharon – צדיק כתמר יפח.
Aharon was the first Cohen Gadol. Succos has unique connection with Birkas Kohanim. When Aharon comes to visit us on this day in the succah, he blesses us with ברכת כהנים.
- יברך ה’ – We are blessed the pouring נכסיך on the altar in the Beis Hamikdash. This is the time that we amass the blessings of G-d from the field on our homes – חג האסיף.
- וישמרך – protects us from harmful forces המזיקים which is the power of the succah.
- יאר פניו אליך ויחנך- This refers to the enhanced joy שמחה of succos, ושמחת בחגך. From the simcha of succos we can bring the power provide for all our needs of the year. The learn this out of the last word of this prayer, ויחנך = ויתן לך בקשתך. We tap into this power when we say daily in our prayers on succos “הושענא”.
- ישא ה’ פניו אליך וישם לך שלום – the succah is called peace, סכת שלום.
Aharon HaCohen was known to love peace, pursue after peace. This parallels the succah of peace. Aharon loved all types of Jews, as is representing the binding together באגודה אחת all of the arba minim. This process began with gathering all of the Jews in the community for the Kol Niderei prayer. All Cohanim are given the blessing of peace.
Hod is comes from beauty יופי and appreciation הודאה. Peace or Shalom is the combination of two diametrically opposed opposites. Similarly, הודאה is the result of changing something from a bad situation to a good situation. This is why there are four types of people who must say ברכת הגומל when saved from a perilous situation, חייבים להודות.
We learn from Aharon to lift up every Jew and to judge him favorably לדון את כל האדם לכף זכות.
סמך – – 120
ויו – – 22
כף – – 100
הי – – 15
סה”כ – – 257 = = (256+1) אהרן = בגימטריה רגילה (בגימטריות הפרש של 1 לא נחשב סטייה)
Bulls Sacrificed – 9
On the fifth day of succos we say the hoshanos א-ל למושעות בארבע שבועות “G-d bring about salvations”. However, if the fifth day falls out on shabbos we say אום נצורה .