Day 6 ( תהילים צ”ד\ פא\צב ) יוסף \ יסוד –
The Tehillim of the day is the same as day five, the first fifteen pesukim of chapter #94. Unless the sixth day falls on a Shabbos, then we read Tehillim #92. If the sixth day of Succos falls on a Thursday than we read chapter #81, which is same Tehillim as Hoshana Rabbah. The theme of this chapter in Tehillim, is that no matter how low we have sunk, with a firm resolve to do teshuva, this will enable Hashem to redeem us. This is the same Tehillim we say every Thursday.
Tehillim #81 is unique to Yoseph. Here we are reminded that Yoseph HaTzadik was finally freed from prison on Rosh Hashanah. We learn from Yosef the importance of a Jew to resist temptation, no matter how difficult it may be. Verse #6 starts off and ends with the letter eiyin, ע, which hints to the 70 languages the angel Gavriel taught him the night prior to his freedom (Talmud Sota 36b). This is the reason his name was changed from Yosef to YeHoseph, adding the letter heh ה from G-d’s name to his. This is the spelling of his name on the ephod of the Kohen Gadol, יהוסף (Rambam Hilchos Klei HaMikdash 9:9). Yosef is represented by Yesod which is our moral foundation.
א לַֽמְנַצֵּ֬חַ עַל הַגִּתִּ֬ית לְאָסָֽף:
ב הַרְנִינוּ לֵֽאלֹקים עוּזֵּ֑נוּ הָ֜רִ֗יעוּ לֵֽאלֹקי יַֽעֲקֹֽב:
ג שְֽׂאוּ־זִ֖מְרָה וּתְנוּ־תֹ֑ף כִּנּ֖וֹר נָעִ֣ים עִם נָֽבֶל:
ד תִּקְע֣וּ בַחֹ֣דֶשׁ שׁוֹפָ֑ר בַּ֜כֶּ֗סֶה לְי֣וֹם חַגֵּֽנוּ:
ה כִּ֚י חֹ֣ק לְיִשְׂרָאֵ֣ל ה֑וּא מִ֜שְׁפָּ֗ט לֵֽאלֹק֥י יַֽעֲקֹֽב:
ו עֵ֚דוּת בִּֽיה֘וֹסֵ֚ף שָׂמ֗וֹ בְּ֖צֵאתוֹ עַל אֶ֣רֶץ מִצְרָ֑יִם שְׂפַ֖ת לֹֽא יָדַ֣עְתִּי אֶשְׁמָֽע:
ז הֲסִיר֣וֹתִי מִסֵּ֣בֶל שִׁכְמ֑וֹ כַּ֜פָּ֗יו מִדּ֥וּד תַּֽעֲבֹֽרְנָה:
ח בַּצָּרָ֥ה קָרָ֗אתָ וָֽאֲחַ֫לְּצֶ֥ךָּ אֶֽ֖עֶנְךָ בְּסֵ֣תֶר רַ֑עַם אֶבְחָֽנְךָ֨ עַל־מֵ֖י מְרִיבָ֣ה סֶֽלָה:
ט שְׁמַ֣ע עַ֖מִּי וְאָעִ֣ידָה בָּ֑ךְ יִ֜שְׂרָאֵ֗ל אִם תִּשְׁמַע לִֽי:
י לֹֽא יִהְיֶ֣ה בְ֖ךָ אֵ֣ל זָ֑ר וְלֹ֥א תִֽ֜שְׁתַּֽחֲוֶ֗ה לְקל נֵכָֽר:
יא אָֽנֹכִ֨י ה’ אֱלֹקיךָ הַ֖מַּֽעַלְךָ מֵאֶ֣רֶץ מִצְרָ֑יִם הַרְחֶב פִּ֜֗יךָ וַֽאֲמַלְאֵֽהוּ:
יב וְלֹֽא שָׁמַ֣ע עַמִּ֣י לְקוֹלִ֑י וְ֜יִשְׂרָאֵ֗ל לֹאאָ֥בָה לִֽי:
יג וָֽאֲשַׁלְּחֵהוּ בִּשְׁרִיר֣וּת לִבָּ֑ם יֵֽ֜לְכ֗וּ בְּֽמֽוֹעֲצֽוֹתֵיהֶֽם:
יד ל֣וּ עַ֖מִּי שֹׁמֵ֣עַ לִ֑י יִ֜שְׂרָאֵ֗ל בִּדְרָכַ֥י יְהַלֵּֽכוּ:
טו כִּמְעַט אֽוֹיְבֵיהֶ֣ם אַכְנִ֑יעַ וְעַל־צָֽ֜רֵיהֶ֗ם אָשִׁ֥יב יָדִֽי:
טז מְשַׂנְאֵ֣י ה’ יְכַֽחֲשׁוּ־ל֑וֹ וִיהִ֖י עִתָּ֣ם לְעוֹלָֽם:
יז וַיַּֽאֲכִילֵהוּ מֵחֵ֣לֶב חִטָּ֑ה וּ֜מִצּ֗וּר דְּבַ֣שׁ אַשְׂבִּיעֶֽךָּ:
- For the conductor on the gittis by Asaf.
- Sing joyously to G-d our strength call out to the G-d of Yaakov.
- Raise up a song and sound and drum and sweet harp with the lyre.
- Blow at the moon’s renewal the shofar at the appointed time for the day of our festival [Rosh Hashanah].
- Because a decree for Israel is it, a judgment day for the G-d of Yaakov.
- As a testimony for Yehosef He appointed it when He went out over the land of Egypt, a language [70 languages] unknown to me I heard.
- Says G-d: I removed from the burden his shoulder his hands from the kettle passed [freed us from being slaves in Egypt].
- In distress you called out and I released you I answered you when you called privately with a thunderous reply I tested you at the waters of Strife, Selah [complained had not water to drink].
- Listen My people and I will attest to you Yisrael if you would but listen to Me.
- There shall be not be within you any strange G-d nor shall you bow before and alien god.
- I am Hashem you G-d Who raised you from the land of Egypt, open wide your mouth and I will fill it.
- But listen not did My people to My voice, and Israel did not desire me.
- So I let them pursue the fantasies of their heart that they might follow their own counsels.
- If only My people would heed Me if only Yisrael would walk in my ways.
- In an instant their foes I would subdue and against their tormentors I would turn My hand.
- Those who hate Hashem would lie to him, but their time would be forever.
- And he would feed him with the choicest wheat; and from rock with honey I would sate you [give us the wealth of the nations].
Gematria of succos equals Yosef when we count the end letters of succah סוכה spelled out.
סוכה – סמ”ך, ו“ו, כ“ף, ה“י
מילוי ללא אותחות סוכה
ס – מך – 60
ו – ו – 6
כ – פ – 80
ה – י – 10
156 = end letters = יוסף
Yosef Was a Tzadik, Always
Yosef was able to emulate the middos of G-d, this made him a Tzadik, since he also always was in control of his temptations. We strive to be like our role model Yosef.
צדיק ה’ בכל דרכיו, וחסיד בכל מעשיו.
Righteous is Hashem in all His ways and magnanimous in all His deeds (Tehillim 145:17 ).
Moshiach is from the City of Shechem
In Shechem is hidden the number thirty-six, which is the source of Moshiach. There were 36 hours of light in the world until the sin of Adam Chava eating from the Eitz Hadaas. They made the mistake of not eating from the Tree of Life first (the sefiros). This corresponds to the 36 candles we light in Chanukah.
Shechem raped dina and she got pregnant. Shimon agreed to marry her and she gave birth to Osnat. She was sent away to Egypt and adopted by Potifar and his wife. Yosef eventually married Osnat and Moshiach is a decendent of their son Ephrayim. Yaakov wanted to reveal on his death bed to his sons the secret of Moshiach. He lost his ruach HaKodesh at that moment. For this reason Yaakov was fearful one of his sons was not committed to G-d. They responded to him in unison, “Shema Yisrael”; Yaakov answered them with “Boruch Shem”. The first letters spell out “In Shechem is Thirty Six”, בשכם ל”ו.
ברוך שם כבוד מלכותו לעולם ועד
Yosef Still Lives
Moshiach ben Yoseph will build up Yerushalyim and the final Beis Hamikdash, עוד יוסף חי.
The 3 hadassim of the Lulav represent Avraham Yitzchak and Yaakov (Chessed, Gevurah and Tiferes). The 2 aravos represent Moshe and Aharon (Nezach and Hod). The Lulav לולב which is the most prominent of the minim, represents Yosef (Yesod) (Introduction, Tikunei Zohar).
Number of Bull Karbanos – 8
The hoshanos for day six is אדון המושיע )Lord who saves) or in other words, the Moshiach. The first Moshiach will be Moshiach ben Yosef, to be followed by Moshiach ben Dovid. If today falls on Shabbos say ,אום נצורהthe nation protected like the pupil of an eye…she studies the laws of the Shabbos.