So many options
Instead of moping without end (a little moping is OK) or silently being discouraged, we can look at all the messes we make as humans and find so many areas that need our activism. I’m not sure we ever had so many opportunities to make a difference.
1. Pressuring politicians to stop climate change right now.
2. Stopping war by pressuring politicians in democracies to demand of totalitarian regimes to become fellow allies against all wars.
3. Demanding an end to world hunger.
4. Countering the new wave of anti-oppression, anti-science, and anti-free press incitement (Trumpism).
5. Demanding Radical Democracy (read this: inspiring!) around the globe.
6. Explaining the most militant fighters against any oppression not to fall into the trap of fighting other oppressed groups but uniting with everyone.
7. Demand that all healthcare prioritizes the fight to cure all sickness and aging and prevent all death without compromising.
8. Join one or more groups of those in the same way underprivileged by society as you (fellow women, fellow Blacks, Jews, working-class, etc.). Share life stories, life goals, the importance of unity, mutual support.
9. Join one or more groups of those in the same way overprivileged by society as you (fellow men, fellow Whites, Gentiles, owning-class, etc.). Share how you are oppressed (and not only an ally to others), goals for fighting specific oppressions as an ally to such groups, and successes.
If we don’t go extinct, we’ll have good stories to tell the next generations.