Knowing the illness is half the cure – my mother, a psychiatric nurse
Facing climate change extinction of humanity is only doomsday thinking or defeatism if we feel committed to not doing anything to stop it.
These are some of the major problems to solve:
- The richest people are so scared to lose all their money that they would even sell stuff that gets us all dead (oil) rather than change.
- The wealthier countries export their climate destruction to the poorer nations and then blame them for being the villains.
- The wealthier countries are the greatest wasters and polluters, but they refuse to cough up enough money and to curb the wasting.
- The news gets peppered daily with fake news so that the public won’t pressure politicians to stop the bad stuff. These lies are part of a broad global disinformation campaign on anything and everything.
- The general public is too naïve to understand that the rich and smart can be blinded by greed and hunger for power and get us all killed.
- When made to panic, people freeze or do stupid things (like driving electric cars while the electricity is made in a coal-fired power plant). When reassured, people do nothing. Most do nothing to SOS.
- When the Israeli administration says, that by 2050 we’ll halve climate pollution, it talks in jargon best understood in the Middle East. It means, by 2049, we’ll begin to study how we can halve it.
We have about 10 years to lower the carbon footprint of humanity enough, or we’ll go extinct in another 50 years, and it won’t be pretty.
Teach young people to enforce and ensure survival instead of despairing.
Chanting: ♪♫ Yes We Can. ♪♫ Yes We Pledge. ♪♫ We’ll SucCeed. ♪♫