This is sort of overstating what should be obvious, but if you are growing a company, and if you are growing it outside of Israel, you should have your voice mail have a message in English, and Hebrew (if need be).
Using a smartphone / iPhone for voice calls is old school, but sometimes having a real time conversation, or having the ability for someone from afar to reach you, and leave a voice mail can really help.
- Leave your voice mail in English. Make it short, and tell the caller your prefered method of being reached. Email, Messenger, via LinkedIn, smoke signals?
- Having a voice mail with your voice let’s people know they actually reached you. I can’t tell you how many times I call someone, it goes to voice mail, it’s in Hebrew, and I have no clue if I called you, or someone else.
- List your phone number on your email signature. This is especially useful when you are meeting someone for the first time and you can’t find each other.
- If you are traveling, or expect to not be able to respond sooner than later, then set the expectation accordingly.
- Ask the person to leave a detailed message if you don’t know them.
It’s yours to own.
Own your voice mail and help those trying to reach you help you in return.