Dodging culpability means disasters in Poland and Japan will reoccur
New revelations show that Japan commemorated its WW II victimhood while staying mum about its viciousness before and during WW II.
New revelations show that Poland brands everyone exposing its complicity and Jew-hatred as enemies of Poland while rewriting its WW II history.
It is only human that guilt and responsibility are harder to handle than victimhood and pity. But that’s not all here.
The political top of these countries tries to obscure their war truths by just playing the victim. The biggest proof of how vile this is, comes from … Germany, by contrast. There, 20% are unredeemably Nazi or Neo-Nazi, but the other 80% won’t give them any wiggling room, power, or prestige.
Surely, the German population suffered tremendously from WW II. Millions starved to death during and directly after the War. Yet, it’s very clear to them that it makes a difference that they caused the War. And that even the death of innocent civilians (kids, elderly, who didn’t vote Hitler into power) does not compare to the death of millions targeted for destruction (the crippled and insane) or extermination (Jews, Gypsies).
To throw nuclear bombs on giant cities now would be a war crime. The US has never apologized. Japanese suffering must be tremendous. Yet, that does not erase the aggression and war crimes committed by Japan. They were considered the most vicious of all of Asia. Ask the Chinese.
Polish culture was deemed inferior by Nazi philosophy and much of it was targeted and destroyed. Poles were thought to become Germans’ slaves. That’s all not so cool. But that’s not the same as the fate of Jews who were earmarked for annihilation. Slavery is still better. Especially when you know it’s unjust, because it can be undone. Death is a bit more stubborn that way. On top of this, Poland’s soil has been soaked with Jewish blood before, during, and after WW II. Most Polish Jews who survived WW II were saved by Polish Gentiles, who risked their very lives doing so. But that cannot masquerade that Nazi Germany built Auschwitz purposely in Poland because all the surrounding farmers would complain about was the stench from its chimneys, not genocide against Jews. If you consider how much Jew-hatred there was in Germany, imagine how bad Poland was.
A People that doesn’t learn from its history is bound to repeat it. We must fear the return of Japan and Poland to totalitarianism, a lack of human rights, of war, and murder, as long as they stray from the correct course.
Germans show that real pride comes from disavowing evil, not denying it.