A Tutorial in 10 Mind-Numbingly Easy Steps
- Say you just can’t stand Zionists, not Jews.
- Say you are “anti-Zionist,” not “anti-Semitic.”
- Say that “Zionism” and “Racism” are one and the same and that Israel is guilty of genocide. Repeat, repeat, and repeat again.
- Say that the Palestinian struggle is the same as to the struggle of Black and Brown people in the United States and everywhere, omitting the Jews.
- Say that anyone who opposes you is a shill for your opponent.
- Say that Palestinians are indigenous to the Levant but not the Jewish people, and that Zionists are all colonial invaders.
- Say that only the Zionists are to blame for all the problems in Gaza, the West Bank, and Israel.
- Say that Zionists use the Holocaust as an excuse because they like to use their own oppression and genocide to accomplish their evil Zionist goals.
- Trash the Anti-Defamation League, America’s oldest and most respected Jewish civil rights institution, because, you know, Zionist conspiracy.
- Don’t worry. If your apology falls short you can take cover under a small, vocal fringe of Jewish supporters who believe all Zionists are racists and that Israel has no right to exist as the homeland of the Jewish people.
There, wasn’t that easy? And I assure you, if you follow these 10 easy steps, you won’t win your election or help the people in your district — in fact you will likely alienate a lot of people — but who cares? You will really hand it to the Zionists.
And let’s be honest. Isn’t that all we really care about when it comes down to it?
I mean, sure, healthcare for all would be nice, so would getting the influence of big money out of our political system, and ending inequality and environmental degradation, and the prison industrial complex… but isn’t Zionist hate so much more important than any of these things?