My oldest son is one of the leading soldiers; he’s ready—I’m not.
In every ground offensive, many of our soldiers will die. Did not enough Jews die in the Simchat Torah massacre? Enough already.
What’s the hurry? Export all Gazans to outside the Strip. Close off the Strip hermetically. Wait till the terrorists appear from their hiding places and kill them. It might take half a year but what’s the hurry?
I’m against going in is not because I fear death. It’s because I love life.
Every person is so precious. These terrorists are worse than the Nazis (a statement I don’t use lightly as my four Jewish grandparents with more than 100 family members were gassed in Auschwitz) and don’t need to live. Protecting them is like not killing cancer cells for they are alive too.
Trained and destined from the cradle to grow up with one goal, to kill Jews. Not Israelis—Jews. These are lethal creatures that must be exterminated. Being good to the wicked is being wicked to the good. Why should anyone else deserve to encounter smallpox or a Hamas terrorist?
I’m against war, against violence, against the death penalty. Yet, the Talmud has solved this puzzle for us long ago: When someone sets out to murder you, you kill him first [if there is no other way to stop him].
My son dead for killing 1,000 terrorists is too high a price. He’s priceless, and these terrorists are worthless. 1M>1000×0. It’s not worth it.
I know that almost all Israeli soldiers will return safely and whole. That is even true when 1,000 die on the battlefield of 350,000 combatants, and the IDF will not accept 1,000. So, my son has a 99.7% chance of surviving this. This seems like a lot but isn’t. First, if you have a 0.3% chance of dying crossing the street, you won’t. Second, the IDF always puts officers up front, so he has a greater risk of getting hurt. Third, G^d always takes the most precious. I think my son is, and I don’t agree he’d die in battle.
My family murdered in the Holocaust, is that not enough? He, too, needs to die to testify of our love for G^d? That’s overkill if you ask me.
I also don’t want him to live and another die in his place. My father in the concentration camp already rejected such deals. The Talmud asks already: Is your blood redder than someone else’s [that he should die for you]? Therefore, I’d never agree to have him (or me) being swapped for a bunch of murderers. Been there, done that, bad scene. Maximum against corpses.
My son’s life sounds like that of Roi Klein, who stepped on a grenade to save numerous others. I don’t want him to die a hero or a saint. Enough! I want him to live. To continue to positively impact the people around him, including his son, with his perfect integrity, generosity, and friendliness.
We need more heroes? Well, all these conscripts are ready to sacrifice their lives to defend 10 million Israelis. Those are heroes. To be ready suffices.
Besides, we always say about someone murdered as a Jew: “May G^d revenge their blood.” G^d, not us. We must be busy with life—lechaim!
The little I’ve seen of death is that it’s ugly. It’s terrible. No ifs or buts.
You can’t kill all of Hamas. They’re spread out around the globe. They’re financed by Qatar and Iran. Those are not touched by a ground offensive.
We must not forget that the PA is also a terrorist organization. Fatach, which is the PA, has praised Hamas’ pogrom. It doesn’t make a huge difference if you’re murdered by Hizbollah, Hamas, or PA terrorists.
More and more experts are saying you can’t accomplish much going in.
So many hundreds of thousands of parents of young soldiers, with all their family and friends, pray and fear. They should all speak out and say: we don’t want a ground war. We don’t want revenge. We want us to live.
My son is 30, may he live many more generations. Many soldiers are so young, have no kids, nor impressed their excellence upon society yet.
Also, we were never prepared for this. When we must fight for our survival, we can wing it. But here, there’s no need to experiment. It might excite the crazed scientists, but let them do research with rodents, not with people.
The US must tread carefully too against the low-tech, lowbrow monsters.
I decidedly do not mean to say we should stop the war. That’s as crazy as during a standoff between bank robbers and police to say: Let’s all disperse peacefully. Or, at the liberation of the Nazi death camps, no one said: Let’s just all go home. There was a difference between the mass murderers and the victims. We stand for protection and law, the others for war crimes.
This is the first time in history the White House doesn’t tell Israel it should stop going after terrorists. Which does not prove we should invade.
Machos are worried that it doesn’t look good when Chamas slows us down in hostage negotiations. What do we care? We only must ensure Chamas, Chezbollah, Iran, North Korea, China, and Russia won’t overtake the free West. Democracies must win. If we first wait till all hostages are released, nothing is lost, as long as we kill all the mass murderers of Gaza in the end.
What’s the hurry? Every Chamas terrorist is dead meat anyway. Let them get totally bored in their bunkers until they pop out, and then bomb them long-distance to die on the altar of Antisemitism, but let our soldiers live.
I want the IDF to get off the automatic pilot. Yes, for years, we dreamed of going after every terrorist. It’s not the way. Wake up and smell the coffee.
Then, I discovered this clip. The insiders say much of what I already wrote: