WHEREAS Cannabis is not and has never been a dangerous drug with no medical applications
And WHEREAS Israel categorized Cannabis as Schedule 1 Dangerous Substance (with no medical applications) by dictate of an Addendum to the USA Foreign Aid Bill of 1973 with no public discussion and absolutely no local necessity
and WHEREAS Israel has led the world is demonstrating the extensive medical applications of Cannabis
and WHEREAS the results of Israel’s Medical Cannabis program demonstrate beyond doubt both the safety and the medical benefits of Cannabis
and WHEREAS the “Reform” in Israel’s Medical Cannabis Program over the past year has harmed nearly every chronically disabled citizen in need of continuity of care
and WHEREAS new Ministers of Health and Internal Security now assume PERSONAL responsibility for the DAILY harmful and unjustifiable continuation of maintaining Cannabis as a Schedule 1 Dangerous Substance with no medical applications
and WHEREAS both major parties in the coalition and many in the opposition have made clear campaign promises in favor of descheduling Cannabis
and WHEREAS taxation on legal cannabis is a prudent economic step with urgent necessity
and WHEREAS legal unrestricted use of Cannabis is likely to have only positive results in the management of COVID-19
and WHEREAS this new government would forward its legitimacy in the eyes of the citizens of Israel with this simple and justified step
DO WE NOW HEREBY enact these steps effective immediately:
- Cannabis is no longer a Schedule 1 Substance.
- Therefore there are no legal restrictions to its medical and recreational use.
- Suitable regulatory and taxation statutes will be enacted within 30 days.
- Amnesty for all citizens prosecuted for possession of cannabis, and immediate erasure of all negative legal implications for citizens ever convicted of possession
- Release and Amnesty for Amos Dov Silver.
- Immediate reorganization of Israel Medical Cannabis Authority as follows:
- Magister Landschaft, the current CEO, is relieved of his duties.
- A qualified physician in the field of Internal Medicine or Surgery will replace him.
- IMCA will suspend the “Reform” immediately
- IMCA will regulate the provision of medical cannabis in order to provide continuity of STRAINS for patients.
- IMCA will together with the Sick Funds make Medical Cannabis provided for and funded fully by the Sick Funds as part of the “Basket” of necessary drugs.
NEW GOVERNMENT. NEW DAY. A PROMISE TO KEEP.
N.B. Failure to enact this urgently necessary step immediately places the responsibility squarely on the Prime Minister and suggests the need to investigate possible conflict of interests in this matter.