Chief terrorist Marwan Barghouti must stay in jail
86-year-old Abbas is getting on in years. And, the West Bank population is sick and tired of the lawlessness, police state, corruption, protectionism, poverty, lack of freedom of speech, democracy and human rights, etc.
What’s their alternative? Hamas. Never mind things will only get worse under their rule. Hamas wins from Fatach at the ballot box hands-down. So, you don’t need to be a genius to understand why the PA aborts elections for a new ‘president’ (chief dictator).
You neither don’t need a prophet or crystal ball to know what is Abbas’ exit strategy (pardon the pun). It’s written in the Jerusalem Post, as always (also: here and here and here and here and here and many other posts) functioning as unofficial spokesperson for the Palestinian Authority.
The ploy is clear. Israel doesn’t want Hamas also on the West Bank, opening up Gaza II. There is only one person who can defeat Hamas at the polls: Chief terrorist Marwan Barghouti, a sweetheart serving five life sentences for his role in terrorist murders during the Second Intifada.
So, Israel needs to say that a couple of decades is enough punishment. It’ll be worth it to have a ‘friend of Israel’ replace Abbas? I have a better plan.
1. The Egyptian army invades the West Bank. It will disarm the police and ‘security services’ and fire all the violent ones. All terrorists get arrested. They are shipped to Gaza. Let them fight it out among themselves.
2. Fresh on the heels of their acts against the Russian oligarchs, banks around the world confiscate the stashed away billions these terrorists stole from the Gaza and West Bank Muslims populations, and give them to the temporary new authorities for the good of the populace they belong to.
3. Have German volunteers flood the West Bank to teach the Egyptian soldiers and Palestinian Muslims, including their children, respect for the sanctity of human life, Jews, Jewish history, democracy, and human rights.
4. Free election will follow as soon as the population is ready. Violent and anti-democratic candidates cannot stand for election.
5. The new West Bank government gets to choose if it wants a semi-State in a confederation with Israel or to fuse with it. If so wished, they can also set out to liberate Jordan from its dictators’ clan too, and have it fuse with Israel. Clearly, the Jewish majority is solid and will not be in danger.
6. Repeat of 1.-4. in Gaza. After that, the new Gaza government gets to choose if it wants a semi-State in a confederation with Egypt or Israel or to fuse with Egypt or Israel. Clearly, Israel’s Jewish majority is solid enough.
7. Peace from Jerusalem will conquer the whole world with a smile.
Not the best plan? Yet, President Barghouti is not the only alternative.
The sudden uptick of terrorist attacks in Israel can only come from an orchestrated campaign. Why? It’s always been like that. Everybody talks about lone-wolf attacks, but they always turn out well-coordinated.
My conclusion is that the aim of these attacks now is to make the Israeli public demand improvement and then add that the next head of the West Bank will be from Hamas unless Barghouti would be released.
Nice try. Barghouti is as bad as any other mass murderer terrorist. No deal.