Bibi will make sure we won’t have elections in another 3 months because:
- Most people won’t yet have their job back from the corona crisis.
Only when the economy will go well again for most people can Bibi claim and show that he both saved human life and the economy.
- All the four main Bibi-backstabbers try to run on a joined ticked.
Three months is a bit short for them to begin killing off each other.
- His three trials will just have gotten underway.
It takes more time to show clearly what a bunch of hot air it all is.
- Biden is not going to bomb Iran; will leave the dirty work to Israel.
It’s better to go to the polls after showing he’s Mr. Safety and Security.
- More and more hostile regimes are warming up to Israel.
The longer Bibi waits to go to the polls, the larger ‘his’ harvest will be.
- He might need more time to split the main Arab party.
It’s a hobby of his: party splitting. And he’s good at it.
- You never know what elections will bring.
As long as he’s PM, why risk it? Just, now it’s getting fun again. (The spats between Bibi and Gantz are mainly for ratings.) It could be his last years in office anyway. He’s not a spring chicken anymore. It would be nice to have more time to push his choice for a successor into the limelight: Nir Barkat.
Any chance there are arguments for having immediate elections?
- Elections now would catch most of the competition ill-prepared.
But most others will be ill-prepared any time in the future too.
We may have early elections but not yet. Besides, we just went to the polls thrice. We can’t say that we were not asked what should come next.
Meanwhile, Trump is not welcome to live in New York City or Mar-a-Lago anymore. I told you back in September, he’s coming to Hertzliah, Israel. Just what we need: an extra bit of national entertainment.
Though Trump is very welcome in Israel, his plane seat reservation should be cancelled once to give precedence to Jonathan and Esther Pollard.