Welcome to my Tech Leaders Interview Series, where I interview impactful leaders and ask them to share tips and techniques that have benefited them, both in their personal and professional lives.
This interview is with Maor Shlomo, Co-Founder & CEO of Explorium.
Q & A:
Q: What are your main productivity tips?
- Meeting – be extremely picky with who you meet, when. Weekly’s are the worst – they consume a lot of time and most of the time could be summed up in an email. Try to consolidate weekly meetings to one day, preferably Monday.
- For managers – your role is to deliver impact and value to the company – not to manage people. A lot of times, your way to deliver value is through your team. But sometimes, you have to get in there and deliver yourself. Keep that in mind.
- For the day-2-day stuff – adapt to chat communication. Way more effective than emails, not to mention f2f meetings.
Q: What is your favorite drink?
Q: How do you deal with stress and anxiety?
- Look back at the progress we’ve made. 99% of the time, stress and anxiety could be solved with perspective.
Q: Your tips for aspiring entrepreneurs?
- Take risks.
- Sometimes you have to work every waking hour – to equalize the odds against bigger companies.
- Co-founders are more important than the idea.
Q: Who in the Tech industry would you like to meet for lunch?
- Marc Benioff
Q: If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- Tel Aviv. The best city in the world, in my opinion 🙂
Q: What is your favorite book recommendation?
- Atlas Shrugged – By Ayn Rand
Q: Why are you in Tech?
- My nose is too big to be a Victoria’s Secret model.
Explorium provides an External Data Platform that automatically discovers thousands of relevant data signals and uses them to improve analytics and machine learning. The automated Explorium Platform enables organizations to discover and use third-party data to improve predictions and ML model performance. With faster, better insights, organizations can increase revenue, streamline operations and reduce risks.